Duck Duck Goose

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arrrrrghh! I just wanna slap the crap out of that kid. Just when you think he's getting more mature and some common sense he goes and says or does something really dumb once again. You are such a puppeteer to my emotions Cole.

I TOLD everyone that Matt was acting like a freakin' drama queen. But no one believed me. Q.E.D.

Colin :hehe:

Well, as much as I would like to see Matt 'do it' with Kevin, I can also see his point of view. He has his whole ego and self image inextricably tied together with 'maturity' and 'restraint' (not restraints, you pervs), and to let his immediate desires overrule those would put his inner psyche at risk. My only issue is that he shouldn't even be letting it get as far as it is going. If you are scared of heights you DON'T walk right up to the edge of the cliff.

Well, as much as I would like to see Matt 'do it' with Kevin, I can also see his point of view. He has his whole ego and self image inextricably tied together with 'maturity' and 'restraint' (not restraints, you pervs), and to let his immediate desires overrule those would put his inner psyche at risk. My only issue is that he shouldn't even be letting it get as far as it is going. If you are scared of heights you DON'T walk right up to the edge of the cliff.

That is exactly how I am feeling, he is leading Kevin on and then stopping him after the fact. I don't know how Kevin can put up with that crap.

Altimexis's crazy predictions:

It's time for the start of a new school year and time for some wild and wacky predictions for chapter 31 of DDG. I think it's pretty safe to say that Ch 31 or 32 will find us in the lunch room at some point with Becky, Matt, Kevin and Tim all seated at their table, catching up on their respective summers. Becky will have had a great time falling in love with Ryan - maybe, and we all know what happened between Kevin and Matt. Tim will have gone off to Space Camp and will be his usual quiet and shy self, when up will come Stuart, who will ask if he can join them. Poor Tim will be quaking in his boots, when Stuart will up and apologize for all the pain he ever caused the poor guy. He will tell Tim that it wasn't him - that it was his cousin that put him up to it all, and that he, meaning Stuart, would actually like to be Tim's friend. Of course, Tim will still be scared to death, so Stuart will confide in him that he's secretly gay. Tim will get his back up and surprise the heck out of everyone by replying that he's actually straight - whether he is or not - it'll be a pure defensive move on his part. Of course Kevin will let everyone know where he stands, and Matt will go into his usual jealousy mode.

Well, something like that'll happen . . .

Trab is right. He shouldn't let it get that far. Unless he wants to. But this is just not the right thing to do. It's all or nothing. He plays with the feelings of Kevin. And those of his own. How long will Kevin accept that?

That's, for me, the main "itch" in this story.

And I am sure that's exactly the way Cole wants it to be. :hehe:

Next chapter please! :hehe:

The problem is that Matt wants to be able to have his cake and eat it, too. Don't get me wrong - Matt has every right to set boundaries he's comfortable with. It was not all that long ago that it was accepted that people waited until marriage to have sex. No one thought there was anything wrong with that and no one would break off a relationship over that. Kevin's pushing Matt to have sex could be considered immature and self-centered, and it should be Kevin that should be worried about losing Matt, and not the other way around. That said, we do live in the 21st century and it really is more a matter of Matt wanting to be free of commitment while at the same time being able to have Kevin's love. Twice now he's come close to losing Kevin's love forever. He's hurting Kevin and he knows it, and for that he may ultimately pay a very steep price.

Now on a very separate note, I would love to be Matt's guidance counselor. I'm thinking in terms of a double major for him when he goes to college - Music and Education. That would give him the flexibility to consider both a career in any aspect of the Music field, or to be a Music teacher at any level of primary, secondary or tertiary education. Indiana University would probably be the number one choice for this, combining a music school that truly is second to none with a highly ranked education school, but they're not well-known for Science and Engineering offerings for Kevin, and Purdue is more than 100 miles away - not that that may matter the way things seem to be going for Matt and Kevin as a couple. UCLA is also a very good bet for Matt, and to me Kevin definitely seems like a Cal Tech kind of guy. :hehe:

I'm generally amused by the entire story. By both Matt and Kevin. I'm hoping that their relationship doesn't develop further than what it is now because I think it's gonna ruin their whole dynamic. I'm on Chapter 6 right now, but I'm assuming the relationship will go further and I don't know how I feel about that.

But, all in all, an excellent story by Cole Parker. I didn't really like Prom, but I definitely like this one :)

Okay, this is sheer torture. It's 5:00 a.m. You may not tease an older person by indicating there is a Chapter 31 only to have it be a repeat of Chapter 30. :hehe:

I feel that Matt is being exactly the person Cole created. He's 16 going on 30 and has all the confusion, angst, emtions and yet is trying to be adult about his behavior. I don't feel he is leading Kevin on at all. He has been very up front about where he is on this road. Does he slip? Hell, he's 16--of course he does. He also suffers as does Kevin. Is it cruel? Yeah, but not an intentional perpetrated cruelty.

In my opinion it is a brilliant writing of character development--and of course, it is the correct opinion :hehe:

--Steven

If you can't laugh at yourself; you're probably not funny.

I got up this morning to an inbox full of irate letters from hooked readers looking for their Saturday morning DDG fix. I got the bombast of their withdrawal symptoms.

It was very strange, because last night I saw with my own eyes Chapter 31 posted for viewing. Today, that's been replaced with a second Chapter 30.

I think there are gremlins gumming up the works.

C

PS - Thanks, Camy, for providing the link.

I got up this morning to an inbox full of irate letters from hooked readers looking for their Saturday morning DDG fix. I got the bombast of their withdrawal symptoms.

It was very strange, because last night I saw with my own eyes Chapter 31 posted for viewing. Today, that's been replaced with a second Chapter 30.

I think there are gremlins gumming up the works.

C

PS - Thanks, Camy, for providing the link.

That definitely is weird. I saw and read chapter 31 as well. I'll save my comments for later then as I don't want to spoil the chapter.

One more crazy prediction - based on the new layout of the TOC - I'm guessing there will be around 5 more chapters. :stare:

Yikes, that's only 2 1/2 more weeks, and then it'll be all over! :mad:

I'm gonna miss these guys. :wav:

Great writing, Cole, as always. :wav:

Well, I think I'm going to stop making predictions! :lol:

Looks like we got a 2-fer today, and what a day it was for Matt and Kevin. A real roller-coaster of a ride. :lol:

(I just had to throw that one in there)

In any case, things are moving fast - much faster than I ever thought they would. I don't want to spoil things for anyone who hasn't had a chance to read things, yet, but can anyone say, separation anxiety? The ending of chapter 33 was terrific. I really thought we were going to have a repeat of chapter 30, with Matt sticking to his damn principles. Without saying more, it's nice to see that Matt now realizes that Kevin needs to know that he's loved, and Matt himself needs to know Kevin loves him.

The next year should be interesting . . .

There is, I think.

Didn't see any "The end" or "final"....

There must be.

Last chapters (two in one time; thank you, thank you, thank you!) had a mavellous turn.

I liked it.

The story is working to an end, obviously. However that will turn out.

We'll see how things go next Saturday. (Chapter 34 AND 35??? :lol: )

Nice job again, Cole!