Australian Federal Election

I, probably like most Los Angeleans, have similar thoughts every time I'm on the freeways here. The number of cars running alongside me, filling five lanes all going in the same direction, is matched by a similar number of cars going in the other direction. They fill the freeways, going in opposite directions, probably 18 hours a day. You can't help think that it would make more sense for everyone to stay home, not go in opposite directions.

I've also thought of how many people drive to offices to work on computers all day, work that could quite obviously be done at home with our current technology. The problem is that bosses wouldn't see their employees working. They tend to equate work done to time spent doing it at a work station they can visually monitor, rather than the content of the work that has been done. This is a human problem rather than a technical one. We need to get past that. Think of the thousands of gallons of gasoline that could be saved daily just by letting these people work at home.

There are probaby many solutions to problems like this. And we'll start solving them as they become more acute. We're reaching that point at a rapily accelerating pace.

C

Cole, I can tell you about something that seems to me to be even sillier than all those cars going in opposite directions. Fully loaded logging trucks going in opposite directions. Fully loaded farm trucks with hay and other commodities going in opposite directions. They are the same freaking products for goodness sake. What the hell are they thinking?

Cole, I can tell you about something that seems to me to be even sillier than all those cars going in opposite directions. Fully loaded logging trucks going in opposite directions. Fully loaded farm trucks with hay and other commodities going in opposite directions. They are the same freaking products for goodness sake. What the hell are they thinking?

Alot of it has to do with commerce. Joe next door could buy my hay for his cows, but he can get a better deal from Jimmy 2 states away. Logic just doesn't seem to have a place in some areas of the modern world, especially politics.