Hijack This Topic

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alas alas, sob sob, it's tough to be hated, especially by furry little animals who eat my chickens and my neighbor's ducks. Then, to be threatened with deposits of unmentionable substances means I'll have to keep the shop vac fired up and hopefully small furry animals won't get sucked up in it. Should anyone notice a certain bald raccoon running around here, pay him no mind as his hair will eventually grow back. Then again, that might not have been raccoon hair I cleaned from the filter of the shop vac.:-(

@ Steven Keiths and others ~ Forums, like the rest of the web, have developed their own slang terms.

To hijack a thread is to so divert the main topic of discussion that it goes solely into that person's new and likely unrelated subject. It isn't exactly rude. It happens.

To go off on a tangent means what it says: To go off on one point in a thread's topic, whether or not the conversation drifts back onto the main topic.

A thread is a single topic. This thread is titled "Hijack This Topic." The replies form a thread of conversation on the topic.

A PM is a private message on the forum, between you and another member.

A troll, aside from any gay slang meanings, is a troublemaker, a rabble-rouser on a forum, someone who enjoys stirring up people and making them mad. A troll may be a member who can't behave, or a person bent on malicious ends about people or subjects in a forum.

A flame war ensues when people get angry and their tempers get inflamed.

A well-run forum has good members and moderators who defuse things before any problems start.

A good forum doesn't often have problems, because the members wouldn't start them.

One of the basic things about forums is that ppl tend to relax and talk. So good natured kidding, like inviting people to hijack a thread, is welcome.

There are a few other things you'll pick up as you go along. When you have a question, just ask, and someone will give you an answer. Oh, and they'll probably answer your question too. Hehehe.

Hmm, does that mean the raccoon is naked? Quick, avert your eyes! The sheer... oh my, I didn't know they looked like... hmm, who'da thunk it?

OP is the orignial poster and you put on a flame-suit when you know people are going to "flame" you.

TTIWWOP translates to: This thread is worthless without pics.

If you know a thread is going to be locked by a moderator you post something like, "In before the lock".

A JAMBOG is a topic that has been posted for the millionth time.

And there are also a million funny pictures for spefic forum happenings, like when someone tries to post a picture but fails to and all you see is a red "X" then you post a picture like this:

cantseeshitcaptain.jpg

Or:

i-cant-see-shit.jpg

We never flame you Des because we all love you too much.

or is it we never flame you because we're scared your poor heart can't take the strain

or is it we never flame you because we're too busy ignoring you to read what you're saying/typing.

Or it could be because we love to laugh at the elderly

Nah, it's because we love you. :lol:

Jason R.

Aww Jason. I am lost for words. :lol:

See what I mean dudes? Even my flames are nice.

:lol:

Oh by the way just to hijack this a little more, I had my heart check-up this week and saw the cardiologist today. He was very happy and said my heart was good for at least another ten years.

...I hope everything else is okay. Did I mention I am a hypochondriac on Fridays?

:w00t:

"He was very happy and said my heart was good for at least another ten years."

Des, are you sure he didn't mean...if transplanted to a healthy body? :huh: :huh: :lol:

"He was very happy and said my heart was good for at least another ten years."

Des, are you sure he didn't mean...if transplanted to a healthy body? :huh: :huh: :lol:

I'm laughing too much to reply to that Trab :huh::lol:

We never flame you Des because we all love you too much.

or is it we never flame you because we're scared your poor heart can't take the strain

or is it we never flame you because we're too busy ignoring you to read what you're saying/typing.

Or it could be because we love to laugh at the elderly

Nah, it's because we love you. :lol:

Jason R.

There's another reason no one flames Des. If we did so, he'd rip us a new orifice and do it so cleverly, so wittily and so humorously that we die laughing, and all the time he'd be preparing the skewers and firing up the barbie for our final roasting.

Best leave mad dogs lie.

Heh heh heh.

C

There's another reason no one flames Des. If we did so, he'd rip us a new orifice and do it so cleverly, so wittily and so humorously that we die laughing, and all the time he'd be preparing the skewers and firing up the barbie for our final roasting.

Best leave mad dogs lie.

Heh heh heh.

C

Who me?

That's right leave me with the mad dogs and the Englishmen out in the noonday sun.

Any one care to spread the suntan lotion all over my body for me? :lol:

:huh: