crvboy.org down?

Pipo

Poor Pipo. First post and nothing but abuse. Seriously though, I'm sure that it must have just been a maintenance time just when you tried to view it. :icon_geek:

Robb usually updates the stories on Saturday's, so you may have caught him during that time.

Jan

Exactly... and.... if I don't get my butt in gear and get something to him soon heh he'll probably think I've reverted to another hiatus! That is one thing I do like about that place though. They never push for more chapters. He just posts them as they come without complaint.

(shameless plug)

For those of you following the Midnight's Rainbow Series... another chapter of The Druid will be out soon and can be found there. Of course... you could have found it here heheh but I've not received a reply to my latest email (sent Jan 1) request for hosting (poke poke)

Then again with so many wonderful stories and authors here, I'm sure my scribbles won't be missed.

Either way as was stated earlier... I wager that you just caught them during maintenance or an update. Everything was up and running properly just moments ago.

Take care!

Or maybe it could be your ISP blocking the site. Or they just might be having problems...

Sometimes the entire net get's a bit dodgy.... DNS servers down... updates etc. Our AwesomeDude Radio server keeps chugging :icon_geek: but there were a couple of hours yesterday when the Now Playing on AwesomeDude Radio window was blank or just didn't advance from a Johnny Mathis title. Same kind of problem... ADR server having trouble talking to AD Site server. All is resolved but our web-hosting folks tell me it was widespread when it happened. (shrugs)

Best to just wait a while and check back later or shoot off a post like Pipo did and check if others are having the same problem. You are certainly welcome to do that. We're all about communications!

:confused:

BTW I've added a few more smilies to the gallery and expect to do so from time to time. Enjoy

Poor Pipo. First post and nothing but abuse. Seriously though, I'm sure that it must have just been a maintenance time just when you tried to view it. :icon_geek:
I don't mind it, it is what usually happens on forums. Actually, I can view crvboy without problem again now. But, hey, imagine that it really had gone down unexpectedly, this forum would have been a good place to get useful answers, wouldn't it? :confused: I am quite sure that both awesomedude and crvboy are frequented by the same crowd, as the subject matter is very similar.

I suspect that you are right, and I'm pretty sure a lot from here also frequent Gay Authors. I don't go into their forums much though, generally keeping to AD and CW for my forum 'fix'. :icon_geek:

If a site goes down, the news is usually reporting at other sites quite quickly. It's happened in the past and it'll happen again in the future. :icon_geek: Yes, there is a lot of commonality between a number of sites as far as regular visitors are concerned.

I read Tappings some time ago and loved it. I don't usually read fantasy, but am not even sure this should be classified in that genre. Weird, eldritch sort of story that was very well written and a joy to read.

C

Tappings is Gothic Fantasy.

For our purposes, gothic fantasy characterizes the make-believe (as opposed to "horror," which features real-life possibility), and suspense stories are those that take us to the edge and leave us there. Cynthis Leitich Smith

Colin :icon_geek:

and suspense stories are those that take us to the edge and leave us there. Cynthis Leitich Smith

Colin :icon_geek:

Aha. So I'm living in a suspense story then. I know I've been told often enough that I'm on the edge, and that everyone around me is on edge too. And here I always thought they meant "sharp" when they said that. :sneaky: :sneaky: :confused:

Aha. So I'm living in a suspense story then. I know I've been told often enough that I'm on the edge, and that everyone around me is on edge too. And here I always thought they meant "sharp" when they said that. :confused::wav: :wav:

Trab, please review the above definitions. You're not living a suspense story, you're living Gothic Fantasy, because quite obviously, if you thought they meant your were sharp, you were living in a make believe world.

Heh heh heh.

C :wav:

Well I'm on the edge of reality. The bleeding edge, so something must be sharp, I'm betting it is Trab.

My closet is full of suspenders, but I never wear them anymore, since like belts they take too much time to undo, and the suspense of me trying to undo them was killing my then partners du jour.

Have I totally misunderstood this topic?

Anyway I read Tappings ages ago and loved it. It was one of those supernatural stories for me that had a believability I found tantalizing.

New smileys are most welcome. I feel quite at home with them. :confused: