News & Views - January 27, 2008

dude

Hi Gang,

Another weekend and another load of great stories and chapters for you. While I unload the chapter updates from the back of the pickup, (ute to the ozzies), have a look at a new short story by an Australian writer fast gaining an excellent reputation here at AwesomeDude. We are happy to add The Interview by Caleb to our Current Short Stories list. We think you'll enjoy this unusual offering. Nick James challenges the saw that 'You can't pick your family' with his short story Family Night, read it and smile. And remember that Duck Duck Goose by Cole Parker is updated TWICE weekly... on Wednesday and Saturday. This is a fun story and just the thing to brighten your day at mid-week!

OK, that said, here's the Current Serial Novel Chapter Updates list for this week:

Desert Fantasies by Jack Scribe - Chapter 19

Moving On by Jack Frost - Chapter 13

Duck Duck Goose by Cole Parker - Chapters 24 and 25

Jeet by Josh - Chapter 30

Saga of the Elizabethton Tarheels by Sequoyah - Chapter 43

Outside The Foul Lines by Rick Beck - Chapter 7

Heart and Hooves: An Urban Fantasy by AJ - Chapter 9

One Moonlit Night by Steven Keiths - Chapter 11

If By Chance by Nickolas James - Chapter 13

Here's Looking At You, Kid by Douglas - Chapter 10

Everybody's Wounded by Duncan Ryder - Chapter 15

Buzzards, Hawks and Ravens by Ruwen Rouhs - Chapter 11

Family and Friends Series by - Ron Robbins - Mac Part 16

Not Entirely Alone With Myself - WBMS Chapter 11

Notice we made sure Tanuki Raccon's (WBMS) story got proper mention this week. Lucky for you Stateside folks... the contingent of 'masked rodents' which descended on the Island of Borneo were last seen boarding a flight for Adelaiade, Australia with a day's stopover at Melbourne. I'm sure our Australian correspondents will keep us updated on that!

AwesomeDude Radio has added a high quality Windows Media feed for those who wish to use the player that comes with Windows as default. New link buttons in the AwesomeDude Radio box on the home page will get you there. If you're a MAC user you'll be able to get the WM feed as well. There's a link selection for you too!

You know we have a lot of talent at AwesomeDude in the form of our authors and editors. I also think we have the best group of readers/Forums members as well. And it's easier than ever to join.. the process is entirely automated again and quick to accomplish.

Our most recent member is the popular young author, Grasshopper, who hangs his hat over at Timmy's site, IOMFATS.org. He dropped by to register as a member and promote his new story Darkfall... only to find that there was already an active topic thread going on it! He says readers should have no qualms about starting to read the story as it is nearly finished, now. Go over and check it out, and while you're over at IOMFATS have a look around... it's truly an Awesome Site as we claim in our front page links!

Don't forget to tell your favorite authors how much you love them in for forums, by email or by using the Feedback Form at the end of each chapter or story!

Oh... there are also some neat poems recently posted at our Poet's Corner Forum by the likes of Bruin Fisher, Camy, Rustic Monk and Tragic Rabbit.

We update the Gay Radio News with three new 5-minute newscasts daily, Monday through Friday. The button to get you there is the far right tab button at the top of the AwesomeDude Home Page.

That's it.. as always, I hope you have a great week of reading!