News & Views - February 24, 2006

dude

Hi Gang,

Well, I've liked all of his stories so far but the verdict is in... Duck Duck Goose by Cole Parker has got to be his best so far. If you're the type who waits for a novel to be completed before you start reading it... now's the time. This weekend we posted the final chapter plus a three-part Epilogue. There are a couple of spoilers in the thread on the subject so you might want to read the story before the AD Forums thread on it.

AD Story Editor Tragic Rabbit is finding his pace again and once again surprises us with a short story, not only written in verse but in brogue as well. :icon1: Well, check out In The Mud Of Millmount Mound by TR at the top of the Current Short Stories list on the AwesomeDude Home Page, and don't forget to let him know how you like it.

Here's the rundown on Serial Novel Chapter Updates:

Not Entirely Alone With Myself - WBMS Chapter 13

Duck Duck Goose by Cole Parker - Chapters 32, 33, 34 & Epilogue

Jeet by Josh - Chapter 34

Desert Fantasies by Jack Scribe - Chapter 23

Family and Friends Series by - Ron Robbins - Mac Part 20

Heart and Hooves: An Urban Fantasy by AJ - Chapter 11

Outside The Foul Lines by Rick Beck - Chapter 11

One Moonlit Night by Steven Keiths - Chapter 14

Here's Looking At You, Kid by Douglas - Chapter 14

Moving On by Jack Frost - Chapter 17

The next chapter of Saga of the Elizabethton Tarheels by Sequoyah will soon be available as he reaches a turning point in the story. Chapter 17 of Everybody's Wounded by Duncan Ryder arrived too late for the weekend's posting but we'll put it up on Wednesday and Chapter 18 next weekend.

Dude's Picks for February are Novel: The Castaways by Rick and Short Story: Blood's Thick by Gabriel Duncan. Both these authors are Moderators in the AD Forums, Gabe conducts the Poets' Corner while Rick co-hosts The Web Wiz with Camy. We don't let our authors get off easily here at AwesomeDude as several of those with current Novels & Short Stories on the list are also serving double duty. Yes WBMS is none other than Tanuki Racoon of The Racoon's Den, Tragic Rabbit runs Readers Rule, Graeme holds forth in The Bull Pen and AJ hosts Editor's Desk. Des does Laughs & Limericks and Trab, Roamin' Reader. I don't know of another gay fiction site where you get to know so many of the authors and trade comments with them in the AD Forums or in their AD Blogs.

Don't forget to go over to Codey's World to have a look around. You'll like what you find!

That's about it. I'll be heading back to the States the end of March... and will be there and settiling in the weekend of our 4th Anniversary! Film at 11!

Have a great week of reading!