Trab's 'There He Sat' Parts I - XIII

Camy

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, I got VERY busy, and then got sick, and now I'm well, but even busier, since I have to catch up with all my backlogged stuff. At this point, I expect that I will NOT be able to even start on the next Chapter until about May 25. If anyone else wants to do something before then, welcome to it. I want it wrapped up within 2 chapters though, so don't expand. Also, if you are going to take this on (anyone), please make sure you post that so nobody else is taken by surprise after working on it. I am going to actually be away for several days, so I won't even be able to monitor things.

• 3 weeks later...

My muse is unconscious at the moment, having not yet recovered from serious issues. I hope you're not catching it too, Camy, cause mine started with a cough also.

• 4 weeks later...

I hafta confess to being in a complete abyss when it comes to writing. In fact, I'm supposed to have the minutes to a meeting on June 7th done, and I have barely looked at thinking about maybe considering it. This is pretty bad, since I'm the President of that club (the Secretary was away at the time of the meeting, or I'd be harassing him about it), but now I hafta get up and harass myself every morning. I must say that beating myself every morning hasn't really gotten me into a writing mood, but I'm not in a slump for a while, anyway. Sadly, I can't keep it up long enough to write anything really fun and interesting (story), or, for that matter, dull and boring (meeting).

• 1 year later...

:icon_geek:

I just discovered this, where 1 through 14 are posted, and am thinking it the greatest idea in the world!!

I'm going back to read them now, so excited I can hardly sit still. EVERYBODY in one place, OMG, it's heaven, for sure.

Thanks in advance to all participants.

Tracy

Unfortunately, we fell victim to the same problem that other attempts to 'round robin' have, namely, nobody goes in quite the same direction and eventually the lack to direction paints everyone into a corner with no way out. When you get to the 'work zone' it would be wonderful if you could offer another chapter to us all, so that ends are tied up, preferably without intervention by 'angels', 'demons', or mystical & mythical beings, or waking up to find out it was all a dream.

Surely you jest. You do NOT want me writing.

And here I am thinking this IS the greatest idea, not quite seeing the painted-into-the-corner thing yet, but will admit there are signs....that just have a reader chuckling and thinking "let's see 'em get out of this one with some grace".

Seriously, I found 1 through 14 big fun, and since it is my first experience with a round robin, it probably means little that I think you all dance wonderfully together.

But I do, just the same.

Hats off to all of you, and why isn't there an ICON for that? (Or is there, and I'm a dork, again?)

Tracy

Na, those are guys jumping up and down on their hats in angst/fury/peeved miffedness. I know what you mean though, and, if you can find a suitable emoticon then I'm sure Des will get the wheels in motion to have it added. He's good like that is Des (ugg). ;)

Camy

ugg uggg,

Unfortunately there are sorts of rituals that have to be performed and approvals to get before we can add emoticons to the board.

I'm not even sure how to do that, so if any one knows how, please inform me during the talking phase of our relationship. :rolleyes:

I would love to add a few more emoticons of prancing orangutans, at least.

Since I consider putting a pic in my profile to be my greatest accomplishment to date,

we'll have lost at least our hearing by the time I could bring something to the show. Of

course, i'd be lost and you'd have to send someone to get me...

I joined this soldier story site, and everybody had hot soldier pics for their icons.

I wanted to be a soldier too, so Jack Scribe gave me a pic and this nice woman made it

show up whenever I did ( voodoo I think). He/we couldn't very well be nekked, so we settled on

boots and a helmet. This isn't hijacking either, cuz we had our hat in our hands. :rolleyes:

Talking is a phase? Now you tell me.

Tracy

• 2 years later...