Tim

Oliver

Jeez, don't be a wuss. Lots of authors (probably the majority) approach sites and say "I have this story/poem/serial novel can I post it on your site?" I'd say you're more worried about rejection than putting Dude in some embarrassing situation. Rejection letters are de rigueur for authors. My fiction writing professor brought in a thick three-ring binder with her collection. :cool: Just do it. Wibby will give you a recommendation for Josh Evolving and so will I. I think you'll find a lot of others will climb onto that bandwagon. J,E was the first of your stories that I read, and it blew me away. I wrote to you about it, and we've been online friends ever since, even editing each other's stories. So, take it from a friend, tell Dude that you want to have AD host Josh Evolving.

Colin :bunny:

Well, uh....I'm tongue-tied. A momentary condition. Ah, I feel better now.

Thanks for the psychological analysis, but fear of rejection has never been an issue. Really. Believe it. It hasn't. I think it's being too aggressive, too assertive, to try to have a story put up when it's already out there and can be judged by others. I think in that case, it's better to be asked to have it posted than pester someone to do so.

Mike has been more than supportive of my writng. So supportive it feels rather embarrassing to me. So I'm not about to push a story on him. He takes my stories sight unseen, so I'm not afraid of rejection. I'd simply feel I was taking advantage to ask to have one that's already at Nifty posted at AD unless he said he wanted it there.

But, now that you've got me warmed up, what about seeing a Colinian homepage on AD? Why not? There are several stories, quite good stories in fact, by that eminent but elusive author, yet we don't see them at AD. Why not? It's a site for young authors. It says so in the manifest. "Stories by, for, and/or about gay young people." (I have to put in an aside in here. I have to. WBMS will castrate me if I don't. I just used an Oxonian comma, which I HATE to do, even if I'm just quoting it from another benighted source. Fie on the Oxonian comma!) A page for Colinian stories fits that bill perfectly. So let's have one. I think we should all start a petition or something. It's much more important than trying to drag another of my stories here.

Let's all hear it for getting Colinian ensconced as an AD author. This is my offical vote: aye.

C

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... A page for Colinian stories fits that bill perfectly. So let's have one. I think we should all start a petition or something. It's much more important than trying to drag another of my stories here.

Let's all hear it for getting Colinian ensconced as an AD author. This is my offical vote: aye.

C

Don't dodge the issue, Cole! I agree Colin's a great author - but we're not talking about his stories we're talking about yours! I personally would like to see ALL your stories together at AD. I don't want to have to trawl the web to find your stuff - I want it all gathered neatly together and preferably HERE! So why not ask the great Dude about it??!

Bruin

Damn you guys are persistent. I thought I set up a perfectly good diversion there. It didn't daunt you a bit.

Give me time to think of something else. How about putting out another chapter of Trab's Tale of Trubshaw? That would be more worthy of your time, don't you think? You guys all seem to have fallen on your swords. Someone come up with something!

C

Oh, Cole. Another good parry. Wonderfully done, dear chap. :wav: :wav:

Seriously though, let's look at these scenarios:

Reader: Wow. That was an awesome Cole story. I wonder where I can find another. I'm sure he must have written more that this. I've read other people posting about them, but where???

Cole: Wow. People keep saying they like my writing, but can't find my stories. I wonder why they can't find them. I suppose I could ask the Dude to host them on AD, but that is just too arrogant of me. I can't impose on that nice Dude to put up even more of my work. Surely people can find my stories easily enough.

Dude: Darn. What a mess. All these people keep clamouring for more of Cole's stories but I can't just rip them off other sites and add them here. I wish he'd just ask me, thereby giving me permission to host them. But I can't ask him, since that would be too arrogant of me, to imply that my site is so much better than the ones Cole's picked to host his other works.

Trab: Stupid 'normal' people. Why can't they just stop the 'social dancing' and talk to each other without worrying about hurt feelings. If they're hurt, they could fix it. Now they dance around the issue and everyone loses. I'm glad I have AS and just say what I mean. :lol:

And you say you have no imagination, Trab, that you can't invent things out of whole cloth.

Of course you can. You've just ruined that argument for yourself from now on.

So maybe you should write the next chapter of The Tantalizing Tales of the Travails of the Troubled Trubshaw.

C

Incidentally, to change the subject, great job on your latest Naptown Tale!

C

Thanks! *Blushes* :lol:

And you are changing the subject again - there's already a separate thread for Naptown Tales, which you're welcome to post to, BTW - it's a bit lonesome on page 2.

Tim was posted here at Dude's request. It seems it would be awfully forward of me to suggest bringing a story to AD that's been posted elsewhere becasue, if he doesn't want it, it forces him into the embarrassing position of having to politely refuse. I don't want to put anyone in that positon.

Sorry... I've been distracted since my arrival in the US ... Of course I'd love to post Josh Evolving... I was waiting for Cole to rest up from the work he did tweaking Tim before asking.

Please Cole, if you are willing... we'd love to have it at AwesomeDude!

Sorry... I've been distracted since my arrival in the US ... Of course I'd love to post Josh Evolving... I was waiting for Cole to rest up from the work he did tweaking Tim before asking.

Gives Dude a **HUGE** hug for posting this.

Okay, Mr. Slaw, hop to it. There's no better invitation than that.

Odd, I thought I'd responded to Dude's post, and yet, there's nothing there but some odd 'coon scratching. I'll try again. I know he has seniority privileges, but I didn't realize the included overwriting lesser people's writings. Unfair, that's what it is.

Anyway, now that I'm done ranting at the rodent, yes, I'd be delighted to post J,E here. As with all my stories, when I post them anew, I re-edit them, which is good because I always find things needing fixing. So, I'll get to it, and hopefull have it in Dude's hands within a week or two.

Thanks for all the hyping you guys were doing, even if it did embarrass me. I guess a little extra blood flow to various parts of the body is a good thing.

C

Odd, I thought I'd responded to Dude's post, and yet, there's nothing there but some odd 'coon scratching. I'll try again. I know he has seniority privileges, but I didn't realize the included overwriting lesser people's writings. Unfair, that's what it is.

Anyway, now that I'm done ranting at the rodent, yes, I'd be delighted to post J,E here. As with all my stories, when I post them anew, I re-edit them, which is good because I always find things needing fixing. So, I'll get to it, and hopefull have it in Dude's hands within a week or two.

Thanks for all the hyping you guys were doing, even if it did embarrass me. I guess a little extra blood flow to various parts of the body is a good thing.

C

We humans are so funny aren't we?

Cole, mosy of us are embarrassed we can't write as good as you, but you are embarrassed because we praise your writing.

Never mind, we all enjoy the rush that your writing gives us, including the extra blood flow.

:hehe::hug:

Cole,

I'd love to say "See! We told you so!!" but, of course, being a nice, friendly, unpretentious teenage college student I wouldn't do that, would I. Would I? :hug:

Colin :hehe:

we all enjoy the rush that your writing gives us, including the extra blood flow.

At your advanced age, you might find enhanced blood flow necessary for certain ancillary functioning. While I certainly am not in need of such help myself, as a public service, I thought I should mention to you that tourniquets on arms and legs during moments of intimacy might help. For more advice on this topic, please contact Trab. He seems to know a lot about straps and such.

C

At your advanced age, you might find enhanced blood flow necessary for certain ancillary functioning. While I certainly am not in need of such help myself, as a public service, I thought I should mention to you that tourniquets on arms and legs during moments of intimacy might help. For more advice on this topic, please contact Trab. He seems to know a lot about straps and such.

C

Tourniquets on my arms and legs? You make intimacy sound like a trussed up, roast turkey. :hehe:

Cole obviously has no idea where to apply the blood restrictors for maximum benefit. Sigh. :hehe:

Cole!

What a pleasant surprise to see a (for me) complete new novel from you.

Never seen it before. I read trough it in one evening and enjoyed it very, very much.

Have you got more of those hidden surprises somewhere?

:hehe:

Oliver

Well, since Cole isn't one to sing his own praises, I guess I'll have to do it for him. :hug:

Besides the stories already published here, there's Eighth Grade, which was initially published on Nifty, and can also be found on the more or less moribund RCWP site, and of course there's the ever popular Josh Evolving, which is only posted at Nifty, but which Dude just invited Cole to submit here in this very thread. Cole has threatened to write a sequel to JE based on Eric, Bryan's shy, gay friend - I think it would be a natural, but it's a lot easier to write from scratch than to try to start with a framework from another story.

I'm not aware of any others published elsewhere on the net, but wouldn't be surprised if Cole has some hiding on his hard drive that he never got around to posting or that he started but never finished. The one thing I'm certain of is that Cole is one of the best if not the best authors of gay-themed fiction on the Net. Of course, he'll vehemently deny it or make light of it, but we all know the truth.

In case anyone is interested, which I don't really expect they are, but still-- I'm about a third of the way through editing J,E. I'm finding a lot to smooth over and rework. I say this based on Camy's comment that there is something out there still to be read. If someone hasn't read this story and means to, now realizing it's there to be read, I now think it would be better for them to wait till the AD version appears, as it will be a new and improved version, as all the advertisers claim.

I'd expect I'll be finished with J,E next week sometime if can keep up my present torrid pace.

The things we authors do at the behest of our ravenous fans!<g>

C