90% of all e-mail is spam

Camy

Spam continues to blight e-mail exactly 15 years after the term was first coined and almost 30 years since the first spam message was sent.

The term is thought to have been coined by Joel Furr, an administrator on the net discussion system Usenet, to refer to unsolicited bulk messages.

More than 90% of all e-mail is spam, according to anti-spam body Spamhaus.

"Spam is a real life arms race," said Mark Sunner, chief analyst at online security firm Message Labs.

Billions of spam e-mails are sent each day, blocking mail servers, slowing down networks, infecting people's computers with viruses, helping hijack machines and generally making the internet a painful experience for many.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7322615.stm

I hate it, especially when I have to dial up. Over the weekend I got over 200 missives relating mainly to the size (or lack of) my penis. My spam filter seems to be on holiday. And how was your weekend?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7322615.stm

I hate it, especially when I have to dial up. Over the weekend I got over 200 missives relating mainly to the size (or lack of) my penis. My spam filter seems to be on holiday. And how was your weekend?

My ISP's SPAM filter is quite effective. I get one or two a week at the most. Mostly none.

I miss the offers to increase my breast size. :icon_geek:

I did get an offer to work for a Swedish company and earn $AU 5000 a month.

but deleted it without taking it seriously.

Did I do right?

:icon10:

And what about those warnings that your bank account is being disabled unless you go the URL such and such immediately and give them your account number and access code. Oh, and the rich Nigerian millionaire who needs to transfer his money out of the country, with my help.

I get nothing but spam in my House email account.

Which brings me to another point. Comcast won't allow me to receive any email notifications from The Talon House or from my house mail. I've had to switch to my yahoo address to receive notification. I've sent Comcast support a ticket to have this changed. Spam was the reason that we had to change the email address for 'Collision'. Spammers were hitting us hard.

Jan

I get tons of spam from a UK guy named Camy, offering to increase my length and staying power. I sent him 120 GBP but haven't heard back. What gives?:icon_geek:

TR

I get tons of spam from a UK guy named Camy, offering to increase my length and staying power. I sent him 120 GBP but haven't heard back. What gives?:icon10:

TR

You weren't supposed to ... oops! Damn. :icon_geek: