one day he'll arrive

from far, far away

as some exotic visitor

familiar, but for why we cannot say

but when we meet our eyes

we'll realize in the gaze

that the men that we fantasized of

are just a handshake away

This poem gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling, and it reinforces my sense of it being an okay thing for me to wait for my Mr. Right. (I'm still the only single, unattached member of our crew.) But then, that last verse might be telling me to...what? I'm not sure. Shake more hands? Look into more eyes? Re-evaluate my expectations -- as more a realist than a dreamer?

Thanks for a great poem!

Rain

I think we find love best when we aren't expecting it, when we don't have a bunch of expectations built up about it.

When I first met one friend, I didn't know he'd become a lifelong best friend, or that it would lead to other friends and a change in the course of my life.

The ordinary can become the extraordinary, and we don't notice it until we look again.

Guest Rustic Monk
This poem gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling, and it reinforces my sense of it being an okay thing for me to wait for my Mr. Right. (I'm still the only single, unattached member of our crew.) But then, that last verse might be telling me to...what? I'm not sure. Shake more hands? Look into more eyes? Re-evaluate my expectations -- as more a realist than a dreamer?

Thanks for a great poem!

Rain

To keep it true to what I meant in this poem (if I did mean anything by it): I'd have to say that the last verse probably says something about being able to meet new people. It maybe it encourages taking chances and going for the dream, or at least saying hi to that cute guy you've been watching all school year.

It's true, that you find love when you least expect it. But I would think this poem was about finding something you kinda always knew was there. Or maybe it's an encouragement to hold on to that dream, and not settle for anything less.

Thanks, Rain.