Dominos vs Dominoes

Whenever I have enjoyed reading a story I try to drop the author a line to say thank you.

Cole's latest masterpiece, Domino(e)s, is rather different, though.

This isn't just a good story, it's an important story.

This is a simple story that highlights the bullying of gay kids in schools and by extension bullying in general. It brings the issue to life for those (too many of us) who are completely ignorant of its existence, or blind to its significance. And it shows powerfully how it can be dealt with.

Now let's all of us be determined to do our bit - to speak up against bullying wherever it occurs. Bullies need approval and when they are met with disgust where they expect adulation, they'll run out of steam quickly. It works. And Cole has put that message across in a beautiful, heart-warming story. Pure genius. Give the man a Nobel Peace Prize.

Bruin :bunny:

You guys are way too kind. The response from the story has been much more than I expected. What began as a waggish tale mostly for laughs turned into something else altogether, a vehicle to promote a messsage that I agree with you all about, a message that probably deserves dissemination. It is a message derived in bits and pieces from several sources and massaged together; showing it dramatically in fictional format seems to enhance its relevance. The transition from the first rather irreverent chapter to the remainder of the story came in fits and spurts and in places seemed to write itself.

Thanks again. You're a wonderful group of supportive folks that makes a writer want to keep writing.

C