Nightly Prayer, a poem by Tragic Rabbit

This is linked on the front page New Poems section.

So I'm wondering if anyone liked this poem, its only my second one in many years [i did write a lot of poetry in HS but not since]. Did the photos add to the overall experience or were they distracting? Did you like the message of the poem at all? The style?

Kisses...

TR

I liked it. It brought a smile to my face. I think the sentiments are a bit over the top, but still quite enjoyable.

The photos didn't add or subtract as far as I was concerned, but I've never been a particularly "visual" person anyway. Others will probably have a different opinion on that.

Graeme

I liked it. It brought a smile to my face. I think the sentiments are a bit over the top, but still quite enjoyable.

Graeme

Graeme,

I'm wondering why you thought it was over the top? Because you saw it as 'just' a poem about masturbation? The history I refer to is quite real, I meant what I wrote, though I also saw the humor of that particular approach to the subject. I can laugh and still be dead serious; I must be Irish.

Kisses...

TR

I'm wondering why you thought it was over the top? Because you saw it as 'just' a poem about masturbation? The history I refer to is quite real, I meant what I wrote, though I also saw the humor of that particular approach to the subject. I can laugh and still be dead serious; I must be Irish.

Now you're making me think....

What I meant was that I felt it was too heavy handed. It was clever in how you did it, but the sexual connotations came over a longer stronger than the non-sexual. There was a certain level of subtly missing. I think the balance between the two interpretations of what was written needs to be adjusted.

Still, as I said, I enjoyed it.

Graeme :D

I really enjoyed the poem!! I didn't think you were heavy handed on the sexual connotations at all....Might be an age gap thing. Perhaps Graeme should revisit the hidden pleasuires of his youth to refresh his memories :lol: ...all said in jest Graeme.

I liked it too. Occassionally, we need to be reminded of the power of archetypes in our lives, and the underlying significance of the things we do. We are not just a single, simple life living in isolation from the past--we are the sum of human experience up to this point. Thanks for the reminder.

cheers,

aj

A shy voice from the back asks, "so, does this mean The Circle of Life is about a circle jerk?" Hahaha! Just messin' with you, Rabbit.

I also thought you got a little carried away with things, but well, passion about passion, why not?

I liked the observations and the perspective that it's part of the natural and creative urge.

I enjoyed the poem. -- If the muse starts rhyming or doing blank verse, cool, go with it.

The photos, no problem there. Having seen a picture of the almost comically enthusiastic idea some sculptor had of an overly (way overly) endowed Bacchus, well, that would've detracted from the serious intent behind the fun you were poking at the subject.

I'll just sit over here and ignore the Freudian associations of "poking" fun about masturbation and religion.

Pay no attention if you hear me mumbling to myself, hoping that certain religious groups will gain a healthier, perhaps more truthful and honest, attitude towards sexuality. I am not slinging mud, by the way, that's a self-criticism as much as anything.