Topless calendar puts Mormom in hot water

Camy

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) ? A Las Vegas man who devised a calendar that features shirtless Mormon missionaries is facing a disciplinary hearing and possible excommunication because of the project.

A lifetime member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Chad Hardy was summoned by letter to a Sunday meeting with a council of elders to discuss his ?conduct unbecoming a member of the church.?

The Article

The Calendar

I'm trying to figure out since when a man with his shirt off is considered "topless."

Religions like this drive me totally F-in' batty. Of all the awful things in the world to worry about, they're concerned about this?

I'm trying to figure out since when a man with his shirt off is considered "topless."

Religions like this drive me totally F-in' batty. Of all the awful things in the world to worry about, they're concerned about this?

I guess tecnically if he has his top off, he's 'topless' but since his privates are not revealed by doing so, he's hardly immodest. A woman, on the other hand reveals her biggest physical attributes when she takes her top off

so for her it means a lot more. More the equivalent of a guy walking around with the seat out of his pants...

Bruin, now stuck with a mental image that won't go away...

The leadership of a group often fixates on something trivial precisely to distract the membership from more important things.

Also, a collective panic in the group and the isolation of a scapegoat can be good for internal cohesion.

Oh, and it's not limited to religious groups.

The story of the calender is actually over a year old. But it's only now the Mormon leadership is whipping up a fuss over it. Hmmm, I wonder why.