9-year-old boy told he's too good to pitch

Mostly, you're right, but there does need to be a bit of adult supervision, particularly with different ages of kids. If they are basically the same age, they do work it out best if left to themselves.

Maybe got a league for the younger kids for just for fun, And rest can have scores and be competive etc.

Parents does seem they got too involved with it comes to older kids in sports, esp with not calling up and bitch that there kid did not pitch or why didn't he do this position and with older kids they should lay off.

• 7 years later...

The one sporting event I always follow is the Little League World Series. At that level, they play very good baseball, and they still have a deep sense of sportsmanship. I sometimes watch old games on You Tube when not otherwise involved and I just saw a homerun and as the batter rounded the bases, every infielder, including the pitcher, gave him a high five. Of course, this event wouldn't occur without some adult involvement, but as in the case of the pitcher mentioned above, the adults seem to be able to ruin a good thing all too often. In 2014, the Chicago team won the US championship, only to have it withdrawn when it was discovered that the manager of the team, thought that he could recruit his team from anywhere in Chicago. In effect, the players were cheated by their own manager. Shame on him.

I hope the pitcher mentioned above continues to play baseball. Wouldn't be surprised to see him at the LLWS in three years or so.

I hope the pitcher mentioned above continues to play baseball. Wouldn't be surprised to see him at the LLWS in three years or so.

You missed the post above. He was shot and killed last year. :sad:

I guess I'll learn sometime to pay closer attention to dates.

How sad. All that potential.