Graeme again

aj

I'm still giving it a lot of thought, but I haven't found an overall plot and ending that I'm happy with. I know what I'd like to do, but the ideas aren't gelling to my satisfaction. Sorry.

• 2 years later...

I missed "The Price of Friendship" when it was first posted, so I'm glad i was led to it as a Pick from the Past. 

Once it becomes evident what the "price" actually refers to, the reader finds himself in a really unexpected situation that turns the typical story line for this kind of tale upside down. 

It's a worthwhile read. 

R

• 2 years later...
3 hours ago, Pedro said:

Seeing this thread about one of Graeme’s excellent stories, prompts me to ask if anyone has heard anything from him lately?  I hope he is okay. I think it must be nearly two years since his last comment here.

He is an Administrator at GA and I can see he has visited the site recently. However, he hasn't posted any comments there for some months nor a story for a couple of years.

• 3 weeks later...

I know it's been an extremely long time, but, yes, I'm okay. I've just been extremely busy with a major project (3 years!) at work, along with a massive writer's block. I really, really, really want to get back to writing and finish off my novel, but it's been tough. And the longer I've been away, the tougher restarting my writing gets 🥺

Sorry...

1 hour ago, Graeme said:

I know it's been an extremely long time, but, yes, I'm okay. I've just been extremely busy with a major project (3 years!) at work, along with a massive writer's block. I really, really, really want to get back to writing and finish off my novel, but it's been tough. And the longer I've been away, the tougher restarting my writing gets 🥺

Sorry...

If your blog kept you writing before, go back to it if you abandoned it. Get it back.

If you're blocked in one story, what I do is go write something else.  Doing that gets the juices flowing again, gets your fingers nimble, and most importantly gets your brain loosey-goosey and, almost subconsciously, you'll figure out how to get past the block that has you constipated.  Or, another thing I do is start writing the blocked story in a different place, somewhere that comes after the place where you're blocked.  That helps, too.  It really works well for me.

Good luck!

C