Pizza

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This must be one of those peculiar British Empire rituals where they seem to think it isn't fish it if isn't' battered and deep fat fried.

We do that here too, of course, but I've never heard of it being done with shark. Cod, often, and a few other poor soles, but shark is a meatier, denser fish, and I, at least, am not aware of it being treated that way.

But I know anything goes with the tea and crumpet drinking/eating set. :icon_geek:

C

I've made fried shark before. Tastes like a pork chop! :icon_geek:

Ours doesn't -- it tastes like fish :lol:

This must be one of those peculiar British Empire rituals where they seem to think it isn't fish it if isn't' battered and deep fat fried.

We do that here too, of course, but I've never heard of it being done with shark. Cod, often, and a few other poor soles, but shark is a meatier, denser fish, and I, at least, am not aware of it being treated that way.

But I know anything goes with the tea and crumpet drinking/eating set. :lol:

C

In the UK, fish'n'chips is usually cod. In Australia, it's usually 'flake', which is shark. One big advantage is that there are no bones.

I learned two things here! Thanks.

I'd heard of 'flake' but hadn't known it was shark.

You also said earlier that it was a certain type of shark, one that I hadn't heard of before, but it's possible it's a nomenclature thing across cultures.

I like shark a lot, but I believe we eat a variety of them, not just one. I could be wrong about that. Most of the time the label just says 'shark' and nothing more. Oh, except for the exorbitant price, of course.

C

There's a new pizza place that's recently opened up in Las Cruces, NM called 'Papa Murphy's' where they will make your pizza for you fresh, and then you take it home and bake it yourself (they include an instruction sheet too.). I think there are other places around the world that do similar. It's one of the better tasting pizzas that I've tasted, everything fresh, and the list of items seems endless. Although I've not seen shark or mayonnaise. I like mayo on just about everything but have never tried it on pizza. That's going to be my next adventure.

okay.. local Pizza chain here in Mississippi and in Memphis. Old Venice Pizza Co. The best is the "Mardi Gras"

Comes with cream cheese, andouille sausage, grilled chicken and bell peppers. I also usually add the boiled crawfish tails... YUM!!! :icon_geek: Pizza ... Big Easy style :lol: