Gay Rights.. OK peoples.. this is EXACTLY what I been talking about!

captainrick

I call it the way I see it amd have very little regard if it is not what you want to hear.

Obviously you want a cheerleader, not a realist so I will burden you with my opinions no more.

A realist will look at all aspects, not just the negative, or, for that matter, just the positive.

If the power goes out, the doom and gloom individual will predict the end of civilization as we know it, or maybe only a few deaths from non-functioning traffic signals. The realist will go outside, check to see that the power is still on across the valley and conclude that maybe things are not quite as bad as it at first seems, and wait for a bit, taking only as much action as needed to make sure things work for him.

Unfortunately, jamessavik, you don't seem to see that some of us are concerned for you. We can see that you are distressed, and we also can see that help is not forthcoming in any kind of quick way. We obviously don't know details of your situation, but it is also obvious that they are wearing you down. It is my concern for YOU that made me speak out. I tried to word things so you could see my point, without you then withdrawing or lashing out. Sadly, that looks like it didn't work. You are retreating. That will not help you. You need to embrace the extended offers to help, help that is obviously not exactly what you need or want, nor as quick as you want or need it, and it may not have been clear enough to you that this is what it was. For that, I can only apologize for my lack of clarity.

The only thing that can help you quickly is your own perspective. It is true that a half a glass of water is half empty, but it is also half full. The change in perspective doesn't change the reality, but does change how you feel about it. It's not a solution to the overall situation, but it is a start on a solution to your own frustration.

Maybe I'm completely out of order, saying this all in a public forum. Again, if so, I apologize profusely.

You have the soul of a poet, Trab, and the words of one, too.

James, he said it all. We do care, and our comments were meant to show that, and try to help with your feelings of frustration.

No, we can't change things. But we only live once, and choosing to do so with hope and happiness is a decision we all can make, and facilitate.

We hate to see you unhappy. If you don't see anything else, please see that.

C