Australia Sunshine

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090113/od_afp/lifestyleaustraliatourismoffbeat_20090113032028

Seems Australia has too much money, so they're proposing to give away a lot of it so someone can live large for six months. All they have to do is be a great communicator and convince tourists to come enjoy the Australian sunshine.

For great communicators like those here, some of whom already live there, this sounds pretty ideal. However, the ad doesn't say anything about letting ones boyfriend come live with them in this tropical Eden, so I guess this leaves Des out. Pity. Seems the ideal job for him: lying on the beach, soaking up the rays, and not having to do a lick of work.

:lol:

C

They are SOOOO missing an opportunity. They need a "Survivor" or and "Amazing Race", or even a "Bachelor" type of competition to determine the winner of this prize. They would be able to see the charm of the contenders, their shyness or lack thereof, and generate an interest in the competing lithe bodies that would be viewed around the world. They would probably make enough from advertising to fund the whole project, and even the contest would provide the needed publicity.

For ongoing fun, they could have side contests with other beauties to vie for the right to visit for a day, be shown the island, and have a great evening together.

Trab is right, typically Aussie to miss the golden opportunity to make money while getting the job done.

As for me? I can't swim. I burn to a crisp in moonlight let alone in the heat of the Aussie summer sun. However I am very good at not doing a lick of work, although I have been known to do a fair job of licking other things, but that is hardly work, even when it is hard, especially when it is hard. Still that might be an enticement to tourists if they manage to keep the tourist from seeing me whilst I do the licking. Perhaps I could use the snorkel thingy.

:lol:

They are SOOOO missing an opportunity. They need a "Survivor" or and "Amazing Race", or even a "Bachelor" type of competition to determine the winner of this prize. They would be able to see the charm of the contenders, their shyness or lack thereof, and generate an interest in the competing lithe bodies that would be viewed around the world. They would probably make enough from advertising to fund the whole project, and even the contest would provide the needed publicity.

For ongoing fun, they could have side contests with other beauties to vie for the right to visit for a day, be shown the island, and have a great evening together.

No no more reality tv, unless it's who's the hottest :P