Hello AweSomeDudes

I'm new here but not a stranger,

so have no worries I'm no danger,

another bit storm in the night,

with tales of woe and delight.

Don't ask me about the great mysteries,

I'm not sure you'ld want to know my history,

All I've got to offer is a bruised but good heart,

A humble enough yet honest place to start.

-JS

Hi James, welcome to AwesomeDude. The dude himself might be by in a while to say hello.

Meanwhile, pull up a comfy chair and hang out and do some reading.

~Blue / forum admin and general nuisance ;)

Hey, James. Always good to see someone new around here.

we need more poets to show these prose writers real literature!!

Them's fightin' words, rhymeslinger. Pistols at dawn it is, then. :smt066

On second thought...nah, I don't want to have to wake up that early. Cancel the duel.

On second thought...nah, I don't want to have to wake up that early. Cancel the duel.

It's hard to get us literary types motivated to do dawn....unless we've been up all night on a writing jag.

Those damned muses show up at the oddest hours.

LOL...you just gave up an easy kill Elecivil......you would be in no danger. As bad a shot as I am, the only ones in mortal danger from my bullets, would be the people waaaaaaay off to the side to watch the duel!!!!

:laughs: DUCK!!

The muses are being difficult today. They think I should write more than a short story, but I have to insist otherwise. They also don't want to cough up the scene I had planned out this morning. The new characters refuse to name themselves, too. Dang muses. But if they go on like that too long, I know it's a sign I'm going about something wrong and need to change direction. Dang muses have worse direction-sense than I do, and that's hard to do. :))

LOL...you just gave up an easy kill Elecivil......you would be in no danger. As bad a shot as I am, the only ones in mortal danger from my bullets, would be the people waaaaaaay off to the side to watch the duel!!!!

Ah, you overestimate me - for a guy who goes around suggesting pistols at dawn, I'm a horrible shot as well. Not really the smartest thing to do, I guess. Add to that the lack of sleep, and I'd probably succeed in defending my honor by noblely liberating my big toe from the rest of my foot.

Hmm...maybe I could peg you with a beanbag or something, though. Yeah, that'll work. Beanbags at twenty paces.

...So who cooks the frijoles? Oddly enough, I cooked pinto beans Thursday afternoon.

hummmmmm....beanbag duel with cooked beans.... :-k

will this be a duel or a foodfight?.... :-k

either way sounds just kinky enough to be way fun!!! I'll bring the chicken :smt117 ....Margret will bring the canned peaches :D/ :D/ :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023

hummmmmm....beanbag duel with cooked beans.... :-k

will this be a duel or a foodfight?.... :-k

either way sounds just kinky enough to be way fun!!! I'll bring the chicken :smt117 ....Margret will bring the canned peaches :D/ :D/ :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023

SQUAK!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :-D

UMmmmm Peaches.

:snerk: :chortle: :guffaw:

food fights, huh? hmm, that could be fun....

chicken? not gonna even go there. except I think I might even be the chicken in that sense too. :ahem: ~~~fresh chicken.

oh. you meant chicken enchiladas. silly me. sorry. :blush:

pistols and bad shots? :grin: funny, that connotation actually sailed over my head for once. ...but those would all be good shots. heheheh.

I'd better hush and be nice.

::SPLATT!:: frijoles!

::SPLATT!:: mmmm, peaches!

::SPLATT!:: Boston cream pie! // totally ignoring any possible innuendo, it's just a pie, dangit.

:snerk: :chortle: :guffaw:

food fights, huh? hmm, that could be fun....

chicken? not gonna even go there. except I think I might even be the chicken in that sense too. :ahem: ~~~fresh chicken.

oh. you meant chicken enchiladas. silly me. sorry. :blush:

pistols and bad shots? :grin: funny, that connotation actually sailed over my head for once. ...but those would all be good shots. heheheh.

I'd better hush and be nice.

::SPLATT!:: frijoles!

::SPLATT!:: mmmm, peaches!

::SPLATT!:: Boston cream pie! // totally ignoring any possible innuendo, it's just a pie, dangit.

LMAO!!! :-D :-D

No comment

Does anyone else remember the scene in 'Impromptu' where Chopin is challenged to a duel, requests the cleaner of the two pistols (he was wearing white gloves, you know), turns and walks three of the 10 paces and faints dead away...so George Sands scoops up the pistol, shoots the other guy, and hustles Chopin off to the inn before the moist night air can do him irreparable harm? That sounds a bit like my conduct if i was ever to enter into a duel. I think Blue's idea of chicken enchiladas at point blank range sounds a lot more fun.

cheers!

aj

Using chicken enchiladas for a duel is almost sacrilege. As one of my all time favourite foods, anything except eating them is a total waste.

Now Haggis at five paces sounds more reasonable. The only thing is that Scots object to using their national food for frivilious purposed (I know, because a Haggis throwing competition was recently forced to find fake haggis to keep the Scots happy....)

Graeme

oh, well, I wasn't quite thinking of throwing the enchiladas. :shrugs: but if you insist....

haggis. I'd be all for throwing the haggis, I've heard the description. Now, I like oatmeal, but um, not sure those other things go together, or with oatmeal.

my Scottish ancestors might be greatly disturbed at that, but too bad.

I'll just be over here with the enchiladas and the water hose and towels. rub down anyone? :raises eyebrow: -- oops, I'd better be nice, I'm supposed to be a decorous moderator and not scare you all away.

...or maybe you all like that idea. hmm.

watermelon, anyone?

::SPLATT:: ::SPLATT:: ::SPLATT::

----- I'm really not sure when the thread got hijacked or who started it, but this is kinda fun.... ------ ok, so I'm easily amused.... -----