"Growing Pains" by Cole Parker

Rutabaga

The fertile (or was that febrile?) mind of Cole is back on the job with this new story, here:  http://www.awesomedude.com/cole-parker/growing-pains/index.htm

Of course like an idiot I went ahead and read the first chapter, despite my frequent vow to wait until a story is fully posted before starting it.  Too late now.

And now we all have to wait and see what the deal is with Tanner Booth.

R

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Rutabaga said:

Of course like an idiot I went ahead and read the first chapter, despite my frequent vow to wait until a story is fully posted before starting it.  Too late now.

Ditto... damn it!

Tanner Booth is a terrific name.

20 hours ago, Rutabaga said:

Of course like an idiot I went ahead and read the first chapter, despite my frequent vow to wait until a story is fully posted before starting it.  Too late no

You will be glad to know Rutabaga that I managed to avoid falling into the same trap as you. Was too busy working on Being Johnny. By the way, I am now nearly at the end. Only have two, maybe three chapters to write before draft one is finished. Then I will start reading Cole's new story, which I am sure will be as good as ever.

4 hours ago, Nigel Gordon said:
On 9/4/2021 at 7:10 AM, Rutabaga said:

Of course like an idiot I went ahead and read the first chapter, despite my frequent vow to wait until a story is fully posted before starting it.  Too late no

You will be glad to know Rutabaga that I managed to avoid falling into the same trap as you. Was too busy working on Being Johnny. By the way, I am now nearly at the end. Only have two, maybe three chapters to write before draft one is finished. Then I will start reading Cole's new story, which I am sure will be as good as ever.

Good news about Johnny and many plaudits to you for soldiering on.  You will deserve a medal or two just for wrangling that massive cast of characters.

Meanwhile, we foolish readers of Cole's story must also ponder what lies behind the comment that the police let Trip's dad go "because of whom my dad was."  Unless I seriously missed something, we don't know anything about Trip's dad's job or position.

R

4 hours ago, Rutabaga said:

Good news about Johnny and many plaudits to you for soldiering on.  You will deserve a medal or two just for wrangling that massive cast of characters.

Meanwhile, we foolish readers of Cole's story must also ponder what lies behind the comment that the police let Trip's dad go "because of whom my dad was."  Unless I seriously missed something, we don't know anything about Trip's dad's job or position.

R

You've got a choice, Chief of Police or Senator. Take your pick. No matter which you pick I have no doubt that Cole will surprise us.

3 hours ago, Cole Parker said:

You do like to get involved, don't you, R?  Welcome into my world!

C

It does require looking through a large number of photos to try and find appropriate candidates.  Finding a teen boy with relatively short black hair and blue eyes was a particular challenge.  It's a tough job looking at all those teen boy pictures but I'm willing to sacrifice myself for the greater good.  Meanwhile, the picture of Trip ( I assume that's who it's meant to be) on the title page is striking.

R

3 hours ago, Cole Parker said:

Who's Jody?

Jody's the cute boy in the title picture of "My Incredible Summer."  I had to go back and refresh my memory when you made mention of that story.  Li Cheng is the cute young Chinese lad Jody discovers living in the apparently empty house behind him.

R

Spoiler

If Tanner's dad is so famous and traveling around the country doing sports broadcasting or whatever, how come the whole school isn't actively aware of this?  Seems like instant grist for the gossip mill.

Also, it is curious that Trip has not asked anything about Tanner's experiences on the Africa mission.

R

Sadly, the UK is four countries. And, after Brexit (which our poxy, rotten, Prime Minister stuffed up), Scotland now wants complete independence... not that it's going to get it.

I don't mean to rain on the parade, but a 50 meter pool in the back garden... really? That's 160ish feet. HUGE! And 660.000 gallons of water. I wouldn't fancy paying to heat it.

Other than those wee niggles, I is lurvin' it. :w00t: