Cup Bearer

I am coming late to this thread.

I will not comment on the remarks made here by others, even though I take extreme issue with some of them.

Just let me say that:

1. We welcome all authors and although our history of submissions has been from male authors presenting gay male stories, ladies are definitely welcome. We have, in fact, a female author with a story on our current Short Story list on the AwesomeDude home page.

2. Dorothy is welcome to submit Cup Bearer to AwesomeDude and she will be given the same consideration any other new author receives.

3. To set the record straight, if Josh had chosen to submit Book Worms to me, it would have been posted at AwesomeDude.

I ask all of our authors not to publicly discuss other authors' affairs and to stick to the facts.

Thanks

Welcome, Dorothy. I only read the first couple of chapters of Cub Bearer, but thought them excellent and hope to have the chance to read more.

I also hope you stay active in the forum. The more the merrier. We have a wide diversity of opinion here, but the rule is, only mine matters. Keep that in mind and you'll fit right it.

:hug:

Cole

I think Mister Forum Moderator ought to split these many off-topic posts not related to the story into a separate thread and put them where they belong.

I do sincerely apologize for ranting a bit, and some of my comments were inappropriate - the less said the better.

However - this forum has a long an proud tradition of thread hijacking. Are you throwing down a challenge to the status quo?

I do sincerely apologize for ranting a bit, and some of my comments were inappropriate - the less said the better.

However - this forum has a long an proud tradition of thread hijacking. Are you throwing down a challenge to the status quo?

The forum does but the story topics tend not to. And when they do there is some relevance to the original topic.

I leave this mess to Des and trust him to act (or not) as he sees fit.

The forum does but the story topics tend not to. And when they do there is some relevance to the original topic.

I leave this mess to Des and trust him to act (or not) as he sees fit.

Truthfully, I have no idea how to segregate the comments here or where they could go. It has all become a bit of a tangle. Best to leave it as is and move on.

We have reiterated our policy of inclusion of most life forms, (even if I am ignored and barely tolerated.) :evilgrin:

There is no longer a mystery of what happened to the posting of The Cup Bearer story.

And to paraphrase the Bard, "The story's the thing," we wanted, and we are very happy to have Dorothy join us.

Next topic please. :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

To carry this thread to it's logical next step...

Dorothy... a.k.a. DJ has not only had her story accepted, but is quite welcome as AwesomeDude's newest author.

The Prologue, Chapter One and Chapter Two of The Cup Bearer have all been posted. We'll have her Author's Page up in the next few days.

We invite evryone to take a look at this story, listed now on the Serial Novel List on our homepage.

Welcome, Dorothy!

Okay, well, moving on, as somebody suggested a few posts ago, and since this is the Cup Bearer thread, let's discuss The Cup Bearer!

I just read to the end of chapter 2 and I'm entranced. It's shaping up to be an epic story, and it's skilfully crafted, beautifully written. Without wishing to spoil it for anyone else, there's a bit of a shock at the end of chapter 2, and I'm still reeling somewhat.

There are some lovely puzzles. It hasn't yet come clear what the relevance of the prologue is to the rest of the story but we have an inkling which may or may not prove to be the key to the mystery.

It's great. I highly recommend it - go read!