Jamie is da man

As to the Red and Black in Croal's office, there was no name mentioned. I could be wrong, but I'm under the impression that Charles never had a mate.

I was too, until I read how distraught Charles was when his deputy walked into his office.

Remember that was when the deputy brought the news of the HOV destroyed (among other things). Charles was bleeding. If I remember rightly, he pretty much hurt himself.

Is it not possible that was suffering from disunion? I only know another couple. Alexander & Loran. Loran went mad. Charles went masochistic probably. It was him too who said that most Icarian prefer death to disunion :hehe:

All this still don't answer why Charles backed Jamie up. Probably he wanted to become the new Icarian Chief of Secret Police? :hug: But he knows when Jamie got his memory back, Jamie would remember. So...what's in it for Charles?

And Jamie, if you read this. Don't kill Charles please :sneaky:

If Charles had a mate, the question would be, were they a mating pair? We do know that Jamie and Nic, and Loran and Alexander are mating pairs. Loran went mad when Alexander was killed.

I think when the story switched to Charles, it was before the hov was shot down. Charles signed the order that sent the troops to the villa, who also shot down the hov.

We also know that Charles was raised differently from the rest of the Icarians. He was the first to be raised like a human and didn't grow in the maturation chamber. Croal also raised Jamie and Charlie the same way.

So far, we really don't know too much about the history between Jamie and Charles. We could find that out soon enough. I also think that the Red and Black worked both sides of the fence. They did the bidding of the Emperor and they did thing for their own gain.

I do believe that Jamie has left us clues as to another mating pair.

Something else I thought of, and this backs us up a few years to before Jamies existence. When Prof. Black brought the teeth to Edmond Croal, he was introduced to two Icarians. One was Jonas and before the other could be introduced, Prof. Black started backing away and wanted to know, what HE was doing there. We still have no idea who it was. I'm guessing a Red and Black.

I love this story- very much! I am curious, does anyone know if we are entering another hiatus or if Jamie is just in need of a couple of extra weeks? I understand it takes time to craft a masterpiece, I just want to prepare myself if we are looking at indefinite time period, reading the updates are something I look forward to!

Hi Everyone. I'm new. This is my first post. So I have a lot to say. (You'll find I usually do.)

In reference to Charles. It is mentioned that Croal had his own spy network. Remember that he was destroying his work weeks before the attack on the villa. Also remember that he [Charles] paused a brief moment and shuttered just before signing the order. He had reservations about the act but a longer hesitation would have given him away.

I think Charles was a double agent. He did what he had to do but tipped Croal off well ahead of time that it was coming.

As for Charles having a mate. Remember that Charles was the first Icarian. They did not know yet that the female of the species could not survive. The ability to procreate was not added until they realized that fact. So Charles would be without the ability to have other than a female mate. Although we still don't know how they procreate and may never know. The mating relationships in this story are more instictual than hormonal and thus the sexuality of the species is really far off the page in importance. The fact that they are bonded makes it instinctual hence the madness of disunion.

I think Charles is following and supporting Jamie because he did what he had to do to help Croal and he believes in the path chosen for Jamie. What greater task than to order the death of the savior of the race, knowing you are doing it with his blessing and it is required in order for his plan to be successful. Failure or hesitation was not an option. And Croal knew the outcome could only be one way. Knowing when that moment would occur was key to the success he planned so hard.

What I found surprising was the mention of having to find Nick and "The other one" meaning Givonni. He was planned. Now how did Giovanni end up at the Ecole? Why Giovanni for Charlie? It was obviously planned.

Who will die in the circle? Jamie of course. When he does, the orbs are released from "Both" as they must be re-absorbed in the proper sequence. The charm of all of them is reanimation. Charlie will absorb them bring life back to Jamie. Charlie has an additional virus. I suspect it will allow him to expell the orbs for re-assimilation by Jamie.

Now here is MY confusion. Jamie exhibited all the powers and traits of a wizard when he unleashed his power on the city of light to protect his mate and the Icarian race. He already holds then the powers of the wizard. Why does he need the orbs at all? Was the power extracted from him rather than just forgotten? Hmmmmm.

I love this story. Jamie Rocks.

In reference to Charles. It is mentioned that Croal had his own spy network.

Croal did have his network of spies, but I think it was made up mainly of Kalorians and Humans. If there was any Icrians in the network, they wouldn't have known any of the others.

As for Charles having a mate. Remember that Charles was the first Icarian. They did not know yet that the female of the species could not survive. The ability to procreate was not added until they realized that fact. So Charles would be without the ability to have other than a female mate. Although we still don't know how they procreate and may never know. The mating relationships in this story are more instictual than hormonal and thus the sexuality of the species is really far off the page in importance. The fact that they are bonded makes it instinctual hence the madness of disunion.

We have found out that 10% of the Icarians preferred females. We also know that some did choose to mate with females and could not have children. Even tho Renauld loved Jamie, he preferred females. That we found out when Jamies group was with the Kosh and Jamie teased Renauld early one morning.

A pair of Icarians go thru a ceremony that bonds them with each other. Loren and Alexander went thru it and so did Jamie and Nik.

We've also learned that Jamie and Nic carry the genetic information in their bodies to continue their species.

I have to agree, Giovanni is a bit of a mystery. Croal could have had a back-up plan in place. For all we know, he could be a brother to Nic. We have two Da'Valen so why not two Agramon.

When it comes to the Circle, I have my own theory on that. I've posted it at The Talon House sometime ago.

Now here is MY confusion. Jamie exhibited all the powers and traits of a wizard when he unleashed his power on the city of light to protect his mate and the Icarian race. He already holds then the powers of the wizard. Why does he need the orbs at all? Was the power extracted from him rather than just forgotten? Hmmmmm.

At this time, we don't know what happened that caused them to into hiding. The only time that we know that Jamie protected Nic was when they first went before the Council and the mage tried to attack Nic.

• 1 month later...

When I read the part where Jamie sits on the bed, after his bath, and it moved and made a noise. My response, was to say, ?Spinoza!? out loud, before I even knew it was him.

I was glad to see Jamie finally stand up to Sprague and that he had been punished for his actions.

I?m now convinced that Jamie doesn?t really need to absorb the orbs. He?s just acting as the holding vessel so that Loran doesn?t get all of them and that the mark on his leg is what will become known as the ?tattoo?.

When it came to the meeting that they stumble upon, after following Castor, it surprised me, and I?m sure it will others, I thought of Nic when everyone was being mentioned in the narrative. Much to my surprise, it was Alexander. It also surprised me to see Damian present. As for the black and red present, I?m guessing that maybe he was the one present when Prof. Black was at the Villa that day. My first thought was of the one in Croals office but I then remembered he was dead.

We are also learning a lot of new stuff as a result of that meeting. Some things we didn?t know and a reminder of some things we already knew.

• 3 weeks later...

from Book 2, Part II Chapter 31

...Jamie's feelings of hatred for humans had only grown stronger, and he was more convinced than ever that they were an evil race.

---

Smart Lad.

• 4 weeks later...
The pieces continue to fall into place.

Even more so in chapter 32

from Book 2, Part II Chapter 31

...Jamie's feelings of hatred for humans had only grown stronger, and he was more convinced than ever that they were an evil race.

---

Smart Lad.

And now Jamie has even more reason to hate the Humans. He's found out their plan to kill the Kalorians.

We now know how he got his titles that the Kalorians, Giovanni, and Cody are calling him.

Jamie has now been stirred to seek out Nic with the death of Christophe.

We now know that the Trio was one of the experiments on strength and stamina.

Now we get to learn about Nikolas after Interlude 6.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I enjoyed reading TSOI and would like to post a few comments.

I think Charles is on Jamie?s side. His state of mind the before he signed the order to storm Croal?s villa and the fact that Croal knew about the move in advance indicate that he was in touch with Croal. Later we also find that he held a key to the secret cave in Eagle?s Rock where the wizard?s army slept, although this fact doesn?t really show where his loyalty initially lay. I just don?t understand why he keptl Jamie and Nik in the dark about many things he knew.

I also think that neither Jamie nor Loran will die at the Circle of Ondra. I guess Alexander was talking about Loran when he asked Jamie to bring somebody for healing. (when Jamie fought with Alexander in the dream).

Who is the real enemy Croal and the red and balack icarian were talking about? (ch 18 of book 2). Jamie too stopped short of mentioning about an enemy when he was talking with Charlie on Angel?s Gorge.

Ragaparagam.