Distorted Perspectives

Bruin Fisher

Whoohoo, and 2x a week. A master of the time and place for every last thing, you can't rush the man, but you sure gotta love him.

Welcome back, Cole, I've been waiting for you. And with a lot more grace that I'd have thought I had in me.

Tracy

• 2 weeks later...
I too am enjoying this tale.

If I were to ask anything of the author, it would be what made Todd's dad such a soul-less asshole?

James,

All will be revealed.

Colin :icon_twisted:

I thought i'd enclose an email I wrote to Cole after chapter 8, as it pretty much conveys the effect on me at this point. I was interested to hear your comment, Rubilacxe, about having met the likes of this Dad before; not only is he the biggest asshole I could imagine, he is decidedly different than other "Cole's Dad's" and i'm guessing this guy was not easy for him to write. (What say you, Cole?)

Anyway, here's what I said,

"Those two words "Wanna bet?" Actually sent my mind spinning. You don't say anything off-hand or random, and there's a whole world of wonder behind that. And I can't wait to see it. Of course, i'll be doing some waiting, but I know your work well enough by now that I won't mind it a bit, and will be laughing gleefully a time or two before we're done here.

On a more serious note, what you are doing here with self-image is just such important work. I remember every step in my life that brought me to what I know today, and the value of it too. I couldn't get there without help, and i've had plenty, and it was a long process, but I wouldn't trade one minute of the pain, and what I know, no one can take from me. It's mine, I worked for it, and I paid for it, and being able to count on myself to get me through whatever life throws at me is by far the thing I value most.

This is good work, Cole. Thank you for all your painstaking effort, as I cannot imagine having to lay out the process in words."

Nice to see everybody,

Tracy

On a more serious note, what you are doing here with self-image is just such important work.

Nice to see everybody,

Tracy

I couldn't agree more Tracy, thanks for highlighting that.

And it's also nice to see you too. :icon13:

Thanks, Des. And then there's chapter nine, where Cole once again proves adept at avoiding that demon "exploitation"; he never takes advantage of a situation, even one that so begs for it like Todd's Dad get his ass kicked.

Allan would be next on my list, but of course, it's not my list. :icon13:

Tracy

Chapter 11 is just amazing. This story never ceases to surprise, and it is filled with twists and turns that are mostly quite unexpected yet in retrospect make sense and nail down the narrative. Chapter 11 is no exception, and I am left in awe of Mr. McCluskey... and of Cole.

James Merkin

Chapter 11 is just amazing. This story never ceases to surprise, and it is filled with twists and turns that are mostly quite unexpected yet in retrospect make sense and nail down the narrative. Chapter 11 is no exception, and I am left in awe of Mr. McCluskey... and of Cole.

James Merkin

As are we all. :hiya:

• 3 weeks later...

Wow and double wow! I'm amazed by the most recent chapter, with Andy's photograph becoming a metaphor reflecting the parallel psychological conundrums of so many of the characters.

Not only is the book one amazing read, but I'm beginning to realize that further plot developments are likely to be dependent on the character of the characters we know. I'm still trying to figure out how the various talents of Todd, Andy, Geoff, Mr. Mortensen, and Mr. McCluskey (and perhaps Monica) will be used to protect our crew against the horrible wiles of Vic Harper. That's not a level of involvement I achieve with most novels.

Thank you, Cole, for writing this.

--Rigel

You guys all continue to embarrass me.

Thanks so much.

C

If you don't want to be so embarrassed, then stop writing such extraordinary novels. On second thoughts don't you dare stop.

Cole, truly this latest effort of yours is just superb. :icon11: