The Tony Stories

I see you guys like the pictures. I hope you like the stories as well.🤣😍😄

On 10/11/2021 at 9:25 AM, Ivor Slipper said:

I sometimes  participate in the 'Challenges' on the other site to which Pedro refers. I have always been much impressed by the way in which he is able to link his characters with each of the pictures. I find it difficult enough to come up with a suitable story, let alone work it into a continuing saga!🙂

Thanks Ivor. Oddly enough, I’m sure that I wouldn’t have managed as many if I hadn’t got my gang (not forgetting the cat) doing their thing. That and playing around with the time line: so, as you said, continuing, not continuous saga

Thanks guys.

P

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, dude said:

I believe that President Lyndon Baines Johnson brought the name up frequently as he addressed the nation.  "Mah fellow Merkins"

According to the latest U.S. Census data, this nation has an official resident population of 331,449,281 fellow Merkins as of April 1, 2020.  Sadly, the figure is somewhat suspect, as are many of the important statistics released during the term of the last U.S. president.  But wait!  A more realistic estimate would include the resident populations of both North and South America: certainly all are fellow Merkins.  That figure is approximately 1.002 billion. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2021 at 2:58 PM, Rutabaga said:

Jan en de Winkelwagen” —

How a tale this elaborate could have been spun from such a simple picture is a wonder to me. 

R

Thanks for your comment.

The light in the picture was wrong for my gang to be in their usual habitat, so this is where it went.  It did get rather involved, with a drift into carpet laying amongst other things.  

In the U.S. Navy, the coming (sill) of a passageway watertight door is very high and is known as a 'knee knocker'.  It has led to many injuries to careless sailors passing through--as has the very low overhead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2021 at 4:56 PM, Rutabaga said:

"Right Up To London" --

This is one of the better tales in this series, and comes with a dandy picture...

R

Thank you for your regular comments.

I freely admit the stories are a bit of a mixed bag - but then so are the associated challenge pictures! Hopefully they raise a smile or two and maybe the occasional more reflective, serious thought.

• 2 weeks later...

"Statements" -

Found here.

This was a really intriguing story that held interest right up to the end.

Honestly, I think @Pedro must view these characters as family.  He treats them with loving care.  I hope the actual writing process is as effortless as he makes it appear.

And special cheers for Grandad -- he is something else.  

R