Book-buring Lunatics

JamesSavik

North Carolina church to burn ?Satan?s books,? including works of Mother Teresa

By Kathleen Miller

Wednesday, October 14th, 2009 -- 11:50 am

Source Link

A Baptist Church near Asheville, N.C., is hosting a "Halloween book burning" to purge the area of "Satan's" works, which include all non-King James versions of the Bible, popular books by many religious authors and even country music.

The website for the Amazing Grace Baptist Church in Canton, N.C., says there are "scriptural bases" for the book burning. The site quotes Acts 19:18-20: "And many that believed, came and confessed and shewed their deeds. Many of them also which used curious arts, brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver. So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed."

Church leaders deem Good News for Modern Man, the Evidence Bible, the New International Version Bible, the Green Bible and the Message Bible, as well as at least seven other versions of the Bible as "Satan's Bibles," according to the website. Attendees will also set fire to "Satan's popular books" such as the work of "heretics" including the Pope, Mother Teresa, Billy Graham and Rick Warren.

"I believe the King James version is God's preserved, inspired, inerrant and infallible word of God," Pastor Marc Grizzard told a local news station of his 14-member parish.

[story continues at source]

I suggest that we let this clown know what we think of his sort of lunacy.

Church: pastormarc@amazinggracebaptistchurchkjv.com

Pastor: jonmarcgrizzard@aol.com

This is what I sent:

To: religious nuts (I didn't actually call them religious nuts)

RE: What will you burn next?

"Where they have burned books, they will end in burning human beings."

Heinrich Heine, 1933

What you are doing is frightening.

It enlightens no one, feeds fans the flames of intolerance and makes the people of Christ look like ignorant, dangerous lunatics.

You know, Christ right? Prince of peace, turn the other cheek, a great teacher of tolerance of and compassion for your fellow man?

Examine what you are doing and ask yourself if it glorifies him, is something that he would have done in his name and if that is the public image of Christians that you want to put in front of the world.

I'm sure you have a nice rationalization but in the end, it's all about YOU.

YOU should be ashamed of yourself.

----

James Savik

As a person with more books than time to read them, this sort of thing leaves a foul taste in my mouth.

As literate people, it has to make you uncomfortable when people start burning books.

I know it might not make any difference but a few tersely worded emails from our talented writing staff couldn't hurt.

Too bad we can't give him :ohmy::omg::icon5::wink::mad::stare::icon11:

The amazing thing to me is declaring the inerrancy of the King James translation. After all, the original books are in Hebrew (Old Testament) and Greek (New Testament).

There's an old truism: "Translations are like women: they are beautiful but unfaithful, or they are faithful but ugly." The KJV is too beautiful to be accurate.