Don't Taunt Happy Fun Ball

Subject: Happy Fun Ball

(kids)

It's Happy!

It's Fun!

It's Happy Fun Ball!

(announcer)

Yes, it's Happy Fun Ball, the toy sensation that's sweeping the nation. Only 14.95 at participating stores! Get one Today

(background voice)

Warning: Pregnant women, the elderly, and children should avoid prolonged exposure to Happy Fun Ball.

Caution:

Happy Fun Ball may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.

Happy Fun Ball contains a liquid core, which if exposed due to rupture should not be touched, inhaled, or looked at.

Do not use Happy Fun Ball on concrete.

Discontinue use of Happy Fun Ball if any of the following occurs:

* Itching

* Vertigo

* Dizziness

* Tingling in extremities

* Loss of balance or coordination

* Slurred speech

* Temporary blindness

* Profuse Sweating or

* Heart palpitations

If Happy Fun Ball begins to smoke, get away immediately. Seek shelter and cover head.

Happy Fun Ball may stick to certain types of skin.

When not in use, Happy Fun Ball should be returned to its special container and kept under refrigeration. Failure to do so relieves the makers of Happy Fun Ball, Wacky Products Incorporated, and its parent company, Global Chemical Unlimited, of any and all liability. Ingredients of Happy Fun Ball include an unknown glowing substance which fell to Earth, presumably from outer space.

Happy Fun Ball has been shipped to our troops in Saudi Arabia and is also being dropped by our warplanes on Iraq.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

Happy Fun Ball comes with a lifetime guarantee.

(announcer)

Happy Fun Ball! Accept no substitutes!

happy_fun_ball.jpg

Oh, one of my all-time favorite SNL bits. And it was perfect with the late, great Phil Hartman.

Good run-down on the history of the sketch (and its later influences) at this link on Wikipedia.

To this day, my partner and I will see some annoying drug commercial on TV, and the moment the disclaimers start ("if an erection persists for more than 4 hours"), we immediately chime in with "do not taunt Happy Fun Ball."

I particularly like the line "ingredients of Happy Fun Ball include an unknown glowing green substance which fell to Earth, presumably from outer space."

And let's not forget Toonces, The Cat That Could Drive a Car! :lol: