Thanks Dude!

Dude,

Yesterday I learned that the Glass Onion is closing down. The reason for this is that the Eggman got burned out from all of the work, expense and associated greif that goes with running a site and message board.

In short, people weren't showing him the respect that he deserved. I want to make good and sure that the same mistake is not made here.

Mike, Dude, I love your work, appreciate your efforts, you've done more good than you know, and illegitimi non carborundum (don't let the bastards grind you down). I'm sorry that I haven't said it sooner.

We've lost the Carolina Scribbler's site and now that Glass Onion. I treasure this site and have a genuine affection for many of the people here.

Running a web site is a lot of work. Add to that writing, working and having a life and it demands constant and regular attention. Please don't burn out. Let us know if we can help.

Dude, you have my respects and admiration for your efforts in running this site. It shows a rare genrosity of spirit.

All my best,

James

I'd like to add my thanks. This is a special site, with a unique combination of people. If you ever need any help with something around the site, please feel free to ask.

Graeme

Frankly, these last two posts make me sick. Next thing you know Dude will think we like him and it'll go to his head. Next thing you know, he'll be charging us admission and treating us all like STRAIGHT PEOPLE. The next Bill Gates, I tell you.

Do yourselves a favour and be terribly mean to Dude.

Thank You,

-- wbms :twisted:

PS: If you think I'm serious, well, HMPH.

Guest rusticmonk86

Mike,

I respect you, Dude. This is endeavor is new for you. It's great to see the progress you've made. Through this (AD), and especially the Tragic Rabbit's page.

LIke I've said before, letting in all the trash is something I can't stand anymore than the bugs that suck your blood. And not to be deameaning. But everyone has their their place. (Read the fine print, and you'll find the meaning.)

You do a great job of keeping true, like the ones who came before you. Some of whome are now gone; and some that are still with us, whome are carrying strong.

I know you've had your trials. I guess you can see why some of them burn-out. But I know you'll be here for while. This is something I know you are about. And I'm glad you like it, 'cause I do too. You gave me a populated place where I can do what I do. Thanks, Dude.

Sincerely,

Gabriel Duncan

I, too, would like to add my thanks. And -- this may sound rather corny -- but in my opinion this site is the sort of thing that we really need, that transcends itself. There are many folks out there like us with stories to tell, and many times it's difficult to find an appreciative forum and/or audience. This site allows for connection and expression; it helps alleviate two of the most terrible things to feel: loneliness and repression. There will be times, I'm sure, when sailing becomes rough, but what doesn't break us will make us stronger.

Okay. I'll shut up now. In any case, thanks! If there's anything I can do to help, just ask, and I'll try my best.

dcorvus

My thanks to Dude for this site and forum. I'm sorry to hear of sites closing; I hope new ones will soon arrive to fill the need.

Sites like this, or DeweyWriter, or a few others offer something essential: A place where there is fiction, information, and interpersonal support for people who *need* that support, and the possibility of friendships.

Thanks to places like this, I had stories and conversations to see that I really could be me. Without places like this on the web, I'm not sure how much longer I would've stayed completely in the closet, alone.

From other ppl's posts, here and elsewhere, it seems there are a lot of us, teens and adults, who need places like this.

So thanks, Dude, Dewey, and all the authors, editors, artists, and readers, who've made these places good and welcome ones.

I'd like to add my thanks to The Dude. Without a site like this, I'd still be sharing my poems with a few friends only. Dude has given me an audience and that audience has forced me to work harder to improve and to try new things.

This site gives us all a place to read quality gay fiction and also a place to have serious discussions as we did in the "questions" thread earlier this year.Those of us new to writing have the workshop to ask questions of more experienced writers and learn the difference between to, too and two. LMAO (Thank you Ben!)

Codey

Here's another "thanks" to add to the pile. I've never been too good at this kind of thing - haven't quite mastered Praise Protocol ™ yet, I guess - so I'll just say thanks.