LEAVES AND LUNATICS.

ross

Decided to register so I could ask if EleCivil is going to post any more chapters to his serial Leaves and Lunatics. It's been awhile since Chapter 10 and I, for one, would like to know how the storyline is going to pan out. Thanx.

Yep, I'm still working on it. I'm just starting to get over one of the worst patches of writer's block I've ever had, and I'm working on either the 4th or 5th draft of chapter eleven (lost count somewhere along the line). I'm currently around the 50% mark.

Oh, and thanks for asking - someone saying "Where's the next chapter?" is just the kind of motivation that I need sometimes.

Some authors don't like being hassled about when the next chapter is due, so I've been biting my tongue for weeks -- just checking every so often to see if it had shown up.

However, if it helps....

When's the next chapter?

When's the next chapter?

When's the next chapter?

When's the next chapter?

When's the next chapter?

When's the next chapter?

When's the next chapter?

When's the next chapter?

Are you sure he won't be offended? As I said, some authors have threatened to pack their bags if they get hassled. I wouldn't want to do that to TR, he's written too much good stuff. :wink:

Graeme

OH! Well if that's the motivation you need, then...

:smt006 :smt026

@

o

When's the next chapter, man?

I wanna 'nother chapter, dude. There's so much we don't know yet, and the whole group, every one of 'em is interesting.

More on being a moron. More juggling. More fireworks. Fewer ants.

Fun and frolicking outdoors? Ah, spring.

...I've been holding my breath patiently. It's that blue thing, y'know.

er... Graeme you do that SO well... think you could go to Tragic Rabbit's Drama Club thread and do the same thing?

:p

Subtlety is the Dude's trademark.

Um,what can I say? Not writing weighs you down like crazy, it feeds on itself until nothing seems to make you want to sit at the keyboard. Its a weird feeling, I used to write all constantly. Part of it is the lessened response from readers, but that's not all of it, I'm sure. I'm genetically predisposed to depression but knowing that doesn't make it go away. I think whining at us does help, even if we complain. At least we know someone's reading our stuff. That's not always clear.

Kisses...

TR

Yep, I'm still working on it.  I'm just starting to get over one of the worst patches of writer's block I've ever had, and I'm working on either the 4th or 5th draft of chapter eleven (lost count somewhere along the line).  I'm currently around the 50% mark.

Oh, and thanks for asking - someone saying "Where's the next chapter?" is just the kind of motivation that I need sometimes.

EleCivil-

The more I write, the more critical of my own product I have become. I re-did chapter 19 of Broken 5 times and I'm having the same fits with chapter 20.

I think that I'm feeling the pressure of keeping the quality high but the funny part is that the pressure is coming from me.

This isn't really writers block. It's more like writers fear of letdown.

Yeah, I know - that's in addition to the writer's block. As in, I'll write a draft, then throw it out, then not be able to write for two weeks, then finally get past it and write again, only to throw that out, too, and then not be able to force myself to write for another few weeks...ach. If it was just one or the other, it'd be done by now.

I should be writing.

Later.

Don't throw out those drafts, keep 'em on disc (cd or usb keychain drive).

That way you can go back and use them or use parts of 'em if you change your mind or want to use bits in another chapter or another story.

It leads to pack-rat syndrome, but it beats smackin' your head when you decide what you wrote the other day was better after all.