"Being Johnny" by Nigel Gordon

Rutabaga

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed the three captives channeling MacGyver to deal with their predicament.  Of course the identity of the spy had been foreshadowed repeatedly -- I'm surprised he was so successful.

And kudos to Grandma!  What aim!

Looks like there are a couple more chapters to go . . . then we'll have to endure Johnny Withdrawal for an unknown amount of time.

R

P.S.:  I guess Alexander just slept through all of the excitement.

On 9/11/2022 at 10:38 PM, Rutabaga said:

P.S.:  I guess Alexander just slept through all of the excitement.

No, like any baby he detected that everybody's attention was elsewhere so bawled the house down.

Well.

Of all the loose ends that remain loose, now, it seems to  me that one of the biggest ones remains the question of how Beryl got involved with this outfit and the scope of what she was doing for it.  We have heard very little about Johnny's review of the diaries.  One inference is that she made a bad decision to become entangled at an early stage, and then was stuck, but the weird associations with pedophiles, etc., makes me wonder.  

Maybe some day Johnny will be able to move forward with his projects and his life.  It apparently remains an open question whether Joseph will be part of that.

R

On 9/18/2022 at 1:40 AM, Merkin said:

I agree with Rutabaga that these are serious loose ends. 

If there were no loose ends I would not be able to keep on writing about Johnny.