Vista Better than Windows 7

The "places bar" has been replaced by Favorites. You can drag folder names into Favorites. It also includes a "Recent Places" entry that shows recent folders you accessed. I find both the Favorites and Recent Places features to be much more useful than Vista's "places bar".

Colin :icon13:

I think it depends on our own personal work structures. I wouldn't object to both being available, but I do find the places bar to be far more productive for my purposes and method of working.

There was no need for Micro$ to replace the places bar, they could have just added the recent places. Funny thing is that whenever I tried to use the recent places, the one I wanted wasn't there. Dragging folder names into favourites didn't work on my Windows Professional (32 bit).

Oh and Windows 7 still freezes up intermittently.

I guess I wasn't clear enough.

Favorites in Win7 does does exactly what the Places Bar in Vista does. In addition, by default it has some other links, including the Recent Places link. If you don't like Recent Places (or anything else that's in Favorites) just right-click on it and select Remove.

IMO the best thing about Favorites is that it doesn't collapse on me the way the Places Bar does in Vista.

Colin :icon_geek: