The Wayward Son

I spent all last night catching up and I was howling -- much like Joel will be when he wakes up and realises who he's hanging out with -- when I got to the end of chapter 17, because chapter 18 wasn't there....

So, if you'd be kind enough to put your real life on hold and finish the story I'd be most, most, most obliged. Pretty please. :smile:

Guest Dabeagle

18 is in the can, I wrote it while on vacation in Eastern Europe. Email issues prevented it going to editing, but it is there now. 19 has started and 20 will be the final chapter, I think. I also completed another long-short story that is in editing as well titled 'Boy, Bus and Key' which should post shortly after or with WS18. See? Even on vacation I was writing.

18 is in the can, I wrote it while on vacation in Eastern Europe. Email issues prevented it going to editing, but it is there now. 19 has started and 20 will be the final chapter, I think. I also completed another long-short story that is in editing as well titled 'Boy, Bus and Key' which should post shortly after or with WS18. See? Even on vacation I was writing.

You rock! Positively and absolutely ROCK! :icon_thumleft:

Guest Dabeagle

Oh no, no, that's false. When I travel with my mom (she needs someone to carry bags) we usually read in the room at night. This time I simply worked on my stories in lieu of reading every night, or before reading. It was handy as things worked out quite well as far as stimulating me towards writing; there was a lot of interaction with others and the conversations kept my mind active and thus productive. I did indeed go to Eastern Europe and I have pictures to prove it. Even some of the natives!

Now that the story nears its end... our young protagonist turns out to be much more then a 'child of clay.' I noted to Dave that the story could also have been titled 'The Sorcerer's Apprentice.'

Mike

Yes, yes, yes, that's all very well, Mike (chomps at his fingernail), but when's it going to post???? Now's good. :abduct[1]: ...wasn't The Sorcerer's Apprentice a rather bad film with Nicholas Cage and without the excellent Woolcott?

Guest Dabeagle

19 has returned from editing. I have some final adjustments to make to it, which should happen Friday and I will send it in. 20 is still going through revisions, which will go with certain changes to 19. 20 will be the final chapter.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy crap that was fun!! You took our attention, grabbed it tightly, and then ran with it through a roller coaster of teenage relationships, magic, epic combat, compassion, stalwart morality in the face of difficult decisions, loyalty, lust, hate, more epic combat, more stalwart adherence to the principles of truth and compassion, and, of course, true love.

Bravo! Well done, Dabeagle. Take a bow. (Or, I suppose in your case, a bow-wow). You deserve it.

In the immortal words of a very strange song I mostly can't remember the rest of right now --

"Bow wow wow, yippe-oh yippe-ay, yippee bow wow wow yippe-ay, yo!"

Yes, I'd be afraid to google that one too, wouldn't you? ;)

(I think it's either "Who Let the Dogs Out" or some old school punk song I'm not thinking of.)

I still need to read the story.

• 9 months later...