LGBT Writers' Conference and free e-book

On July 23rd 2011 in Milton Keynes a group of UK-based authors of LGBT fiction will meet and discuss their work and issues around writing gay fiction. Both readers and writers are welcome, but the conference is not free (?10.75 I think).

As a souvenir of the event, a collection of flash fiction stories has been published in e-book format and is available free from Smashwords:

British Flash

As far as I know none of the contributing authors are denizens of AD. In fact it seems only one of them is even male - it's an interesting phenomenon that a lot of gay (M/M) romantic fiction is written by women and for women. I'm going to the conference and as far as I know there'll be about 50 people there, and only two of us male! If you don't hear from me within a day or so afterwards, send in a search party!

If anyone is interested in attending, let me know.

Somehow, that paints a vivid picture for me. There's this large auditorium, and it's filled to the brim with chatty, frivolous women, and since in England, many of them are wearing preposterous flowery hats. But there, right in the middle, are two men, and they're sitting together, looking a little nervous, and say, one of them is Bruin! And his new friend. Or is it his protector?

C

right in the middle, are two men, and they're sitting together, looking a little nervous, and say, one of them is Bruin! And his new friend.

C

Well, of course, I'll tell you all about it after the event, but from what I've seen so far you might be bang on the button! My new friend, incidentally, I haven't met yet, although we've corresponded briefly. He seems like a nice guy so hopefully we'll form a team to put the wagons in a circle and get behind them to fend off all enemies! Partners in adversity, as it were!

Seriously, I know several of the women who'll be there and they're very nice and not at all dangerous if you don't get between them and their food bowls!