Movies That Suck

I happen to have a private moment tothink and somehow I found that of all the movies I ever watch in theatres there's one that makes me want to ask my money back

Shaymalan's The Village

The ending is majorly BAD. You feel like you've been cheated! Of your money and intelligence. Grrrrrr....

Anyone has a comment?

Cheers! :)

Rad

Sorry, I didn't see it, or I'd comment, Rad.

M. Night Shyamalan's other movies have been excellent to good.

I've seen otherwise very good movies that didn't work because of some plot point or performance.

The ending is majorly BAD. You feel like you've been cheated! Of your money and intelligence. Grrrrrr....

Anyone has a comment?

I rarely ask for my money back, but I have. The trick is you don't get it unless you really do walk-out. If you watch the whole thing, it's much harder.

Mostly, I just realize it sucked and to try and pick better next time.

-- wbms

hmmm, not an M. Night Shyamalan flick, but I did go to screening of "Lemmony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events". Sure it was free, so I couldn't complain too much, but the movie itself is an 'unfortunate event'. I can't believe they tried to jam three books worth of story into one movie. The rootbeer and m&m's were tasty, and it was free, but I did feel cheated for time afterward.

-Naiilo

I haven't seen either of the aforementioned movies, but if we're talking bad films in general, Parasite Eve was downright horrible. Mind if I spoil an old, rare, Japanese import?

*spoilers*

Quick summary:

Scientist: "My wife has died in a car crash. I know! I'll save part of her kidney, cultivate it, and grow a new wife!"

Pile of cultivated kidney-goo: *transforms into clone of wife*

Scientist: "Hmm...having sex with this lab-grown pile of goo would certainly be a good idea."

Pile of goo: "Haha, you fell for my evil scheme! Now I can use your semen to impregnate the little girl who recived your wife's kidney transplant in order to bring awareness to all mitochondria so that we may rise up and enslave the humans!"

Scientist: "...Totally didn't see that one coming."

Hospital employee: "AHHH!" *Bursts into flames*

Scientist: "No, pile of goo, stop! I love you!"

*Scientist and pile of goo hug each other, burst into flames, and die.*

/End spoilers

So, yeah, bad movie. Really bad.

I did go to screening of "Lemmony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events". Sure it was free, so I couldn't complain too much, but the movie itself is an 'unfortunate event'.  

-Naiilo

Jim Carey sucks BOULDERS. I hate that disgusting pile of buzzard puke. I wish that I could go back in time and kill him before he inflicted his idiocy on society.

I think that his movies have single handly lowered the collective American IQ to the point where a nimrod like George W Bush could be a two-term president.

I happen to like two movies Jim Carey was in: Liar, Liar and whichever Batman movie he played the riddler. So, I can't say that everything he's done is bad.

What can I say about Donnie Darko?

Oh my God! Note that I colored the name of this flim BROWN like the stain that this movie is.

With a real cute lead actor, the director and writer should be shot for inflicting this steaming mound of manure on the public.

This movie was so bad the lead actor had to take drugs on camera.

And WTF was that damned evil bunny rabbit about anyway?

And WTF was that damned evil bunny rabbit about anyway?

He wasn't evil, he was a Manipulated Dead - a ghost that can travel through time, setting ensurance traps to make sure that all of space-time doesn't collapse in on itself. Of course, that's never mentioned once in the movie (except in some quick flashes of text in the director's cut version).

(spoilers)

He was dressed like that because he died during a Halloween party. He ran over Donnie's girlfriend, causing Donnie to momentarilly flip out and shoot him in the face. From that point on, he was able to travel through time - back to the beginning of the movie, where you first see him.

/End spoilers

Donnie Darko was...different. Nearly the entire "plot" takes place off-screen, and you have to read the Philosophy of Time Travel (or ask someone who has) to have any clue as to what the plot really is.

So the damned evil bunny rabbit wasn't TR. That's a huge relief, lemme tell ya.

It wasn't Harvey either. Neither Harvey, in fact. If there's been a six foot tall invisible rabbit pooka around, I've not noticed yet. Though perhaps I have a higher tolerance for unusual occurrences than the average person. At any rate, I have no objection to pookas like Harvey.

EleCivil: that's never mentioned once in the movie (except in some quick flashes of text in the director's cut version).

There's a director's cut of that piece of crap?!

Here's a good object lesson for authors: if most of your plot is off camera and you don't tell people whay there's an evil bunny on stage, lot's of people are going to hate it.

Jim Carey sucks BOULDERS. I hate that disgusting pile of buzzard puke. I wish that I could go back in time and kill him before he inflicted his idiocy on society.

I think that his movies have single handly lowered the collective American IQ to the point where a  nimrod like George W Bush could be a two-term president.

But erm, you see...I liked Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I tried not to honestly because I know that Carey is from the dark side. But I really enjoyed it.

I happen to like two movies Jim Carey was in: Liar, Liar and whichever Batman movie he played the riddler. So, I can't say that everything he's done is bad.

Maybe. However "Me, Myself, and Irene" was absolute tripe. Fetid tripe, to be exact. Excrementally challanged. And, mind you, I don't dislike Mr. Carrey. However, that piece of celluloid needs to be burned lest it infect some other poor person.

The Star Wars Episodes I and II were both pretty bad, although I don't think that Episode III would be as good as I think it is without them.

Dear Mr. Rocks For Brains:*

Excuse me, BUT Mr. Jar-Jar Binks made an appearance in Episode 3, thereby making SURE it will never be above average. If Jar-Jar had a cameo in Citizen Kane, they'd recall the Oscar™ it won.

Surely, your apology and retraction are forthcoming.

-- wbms, who like Jar-Jar almost as much as root canal.

* I'm kidding, really.

The Star Wars Episodes I and II were both pretty bad, although I don't think that Episode III would be as good as I think it is without them.

Excuse me, BUT Mr. Jar-Jar Binks made an appearance in Episode 3, thereby making SURE it will never be above average. If Jar-Jar had a cameo in Citizen Kane, they'd recall the Oscar™ it won.

Surely, your apology and retraction are forthcoming.

* I'm kidding, really.

Just because that obnoxious playtoy of Lucas' showed up in Episode III doesn't mean the movie is devalued. Sure, Jar-Jar is annoying. Yes, I experience pain when I hear his voice , but his appearance in Ep 3 was expected and it didn't do any real damage, now did it?? No apology, no retraction. So there! ha ha ha!

-Naiilo

Excuse me, BUT Mr. Jar-Jar Binks made an appearance in Episode 3, thereby making SURE it will never be above average. If Jar-Jar had a cameo in Citizen Kane, they'd recall the Oscar™ it won. Surely, your apology and retraction are forthcoming.

* I'm kidding, really.

Just because that obnoxious playtoy of Lucas' showed up in Episode III doesn't mean the movie is devalued. Sure, Jar-Jar is annoying. Yes, I experience pain when I hear his voice , but his appearance in Ep 3 was expected and it didn't do any real damage, now did it?? No apology, no retraction. So there! ha ha ha!

Hmph.

-- wbms

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates Jar-Jar with a passion...I often fantasize about that character being slowly asphyxiated, garroted with his own tongue. What the hell was Lucas thinking?

cheers!

aj

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates Jar-Jar with a passion...I often fantasize about that character being slowly asphyxiated, garroted with his own tongue. What the hell was Lucas thinking?

cheers!

aj

Jar Jar is so icky, I was just revolted. Felt like ten different alert buttons being pushed when that guy talked. I had zero desire to see another one of these movies, they desecrate the memory of the original three.

Jimmy Carrey, I don't know. Sometimes I loathe him, I cringe when he talks in some movies, but in one or two, I like him okay. I like the flawed Truman Show, and I thought he was more decent in it than most films. I think there's another that doesn't ick me out but I can't think what...Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is one of those mildly-annoying-that-they-exist films that uses a not-unknown SF type storyline and gets undeserved originality points for same from people who don't read much. And the weird thing is that Carrey's kind of cute, except for those faces he pulls. Of course, I also complain that Keanu has no faces to pull, wooden acting, but he's still damn sexy. I'm inconsistent...

I don't ever see anything by that jerk who did Waterboy, he just makes me shudder when I so much as see his face that I could never bear it, I know. Even so, now and then one sees something unwillingly, with a friend perhaps, and so I know that he sucks progidously. And his films are banal and insipid. And his friends' films are banal and insipid. Why is banal and insipid so appealing? Without advertising, most Hollywood films would never break even. And television is even worse, I'm with WBMS or whoever here who said that it's astounding that people get paid to write such utter shyte. And that people spend time from their lives to watch it...

I think Elecivil is revealing here, with his detailed plot and dialogue, an intensely geeky side that is incredibly endearing and adorable. I just had to mention. And, EC, the dialogue to Parasite Eve was fabulous! Unrecognized genius. And the film sounds fun, too. Some of those imports from the west are just a scream. Mismatched dub tracks add to the entertainment value.

Why do people hate subtitles so much? Pet peeve of mine.

Kisses,

TR

I don't ever see anything by that jerk who did Waterboy, he just makes me shudder when I so much as see his face that I could never bear it, I know.

I'll admit, I liked Waterboy. Happy Gilmore, too. They're basically the same joke - Adam Sandler plays a sport in a nontraditional way and people get hit in the face with things - but still...guilty pleasures, I guess.

I think Elecivil is revealing here, with his detailed plot and dialogue, an intensely geeky side that is incredibly endearing and adorable.

Yeah, "intensely geeky" sounds about right.

I'm not a big Adam Sandler fan--his movies tend to take one joke and string it out to the very bitter end. However, i do like his Hannukah Song.

cheers,

aj

The Chanuka Song Lyrics

by Adam Sandler

"Okay...

This is a song that uhh..

There's a lot of Christmas songs out there and uhh..

not too many Chanukah songs.

So uhh..

I wrote a song for all those nice little Jewish kids who don't get to hear

any Chanukah songs.

Here we go..."

Put on your yarmulke

Here comes Chanukah

So much funukah

To celebrate Chanukah

Chanukah is the festival of lights

Instead of one day of presents, we have eight crazy nights

When you feel like the only kid in town without a Christmas tree