Rick Perry's Anti-Gay Ad

The Pecman

So, not to get too heavily into politics, but Perez Hilton just reported that Rick Perry's new "pro family values" commercials uses music heavily borrowed from the classical American themes of composer Aaron Copland ("Fanfare for the Common Man," etc.). One Perry quote:

"There's something wrong in this country when gays can serve openly in the military but our kids can't openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school."

The only problem is: Perry apparently isn't aware that Copland was gay. Embarrassing.

Full story (and the video of the new Rick Perry commercial) on Perez' site. Just once, I'd like to see a Presidential candidate say, "you know, I don't give a crap whether an American is gay or not. It's not the government's business as to what consenting adults do, for marriage or anything else. My only concern is to improve the economy, get our people more jobs, and make America great again."

"There's something wrong in this country when gays can serve openly in the military but our kids can't openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school."

The only problem is: Perry apparently isn't aware that Copland was gay. Embarrassing.

perry-2.jpg

"Yeehaw!" I said. (What? I'm from Texas. I wear a cowboy hat and boots once in a while. I went to a university where the standard greeting is, "Howdy!" so, y'know....) -- But I will not vote for Mr. Perry. He'd rather I wasn't in my own state. Well, I was born and raised here. I see no reason to leave, just because some people are closed-minded. This is my state too.

And yes, I really wish the candidates would focus on things like the economy and healthcare, instead of bashing people and showing an eagerness to deny rights. On these, I am not looking only at Mr. Perry. I'm not overly impressed with any of the candidates this time, yet I've got to vote for the one I think is the best qualified to actually do the job, in one of the worst economic crises ever. I do know who I expect that will be.

I can't help it. Gotta mention the song, "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy!"

Yes, I'll just sit over here in the corner for a while. Y'all don't pay it no nevermind.

Not all Christians feel that way. And no, I don't much like someone claiming they're Christian and advocating hate and intolerance. They ought to reread their Bibles -- and bother to look up translation and interpretation on the issues behind same-sex activity and what it says in the Bible. If they seriously look into it, they'd see that it wasn't and isn't what so many people (in Western countries) now believe. -- If we, as gay-friendly people, say it's all the Christians' faults, or it's Christians against gays, then we fall into the same trap as the bigoted, intolerant portion of Christians. Likewise, Jewish or Muslim faiths. Really, folks, let's be smarter than those preaching exclusion, or else are we any better than they are? Yes, I get being outraged by it. I've sat through or argued too. But if we're so right, then we have to consider carefully how we do things and what we say. -- Just my two cents.