Dad tells Mom they’ll be all right

For he remembers that delight

The boys they masturbate

And never don’t or hesitate

For any time is ripe

When urges pop of any stripe

To have a randy bout

And make themselves turn inside out

I absolutely love this poem!!! It brings back a memory of a time my dad walked in on me in a session. I told him I had an itch and was just scratching. He said "un huh but next time you want to scratch yourself lock the door." He never mentioned that he'd caught me but I still had a hard time facing him for days! LMAO

Tim

You should've seen my face when I saw the thread. I'd thought for a minute Tim had posted something risqué. Turns out he has, sort of, but well, there's the 99% who have and the 1% who are fibbing.

Uh, oddly enough, when I was a kid, my dad caught me with a similar "itch" I was "scratching." Yikes! He, uh, told me to put that away and go to bed. :laugh: He never said anything more about it. Just glad it wasn't my mom who walked in, y'know. -- And yes, I wish my dad would've later said something encouraging to me later. Not enough of that from my dad, as good a father as he was in most other areas. I hope today's dads teach their sons it's just fine to do that, or to have feelings for your guy friends. (Funny how a girl can have girlfriends, but a boy has to have guy friends and not boyfriends....)

It's funny, when your hormones kick in, no matter how shy or well behaved you are, nature's going to take its course and you're going to figure out how your equipment works and take it for a test drive. Well, OK, lots of test drives, heheh. Better to know how it works, after all. -- If I'd just had better luck at finding another boy who wanted to do some chassis comparison and driving.... Well, I did, a couple of times, but dang, if only I'd been a little less shy and clueless about it all. Uh, but sure, that became a favorite activity.

I wonder how many of our world's problems with war and aggression would be solved if those folks would just go play with themselves, or each other, or somebody, once in a while? Yeah, make love not war! (Hey, I'm going to have to look to see if we have a flower child / hippie smiley....)

It sure would've relieved a lot of tension, growing up, if a buddy had, well, y'know.... :) Might've made a buddy happy too.

Nothin' wrong with a little autonomous procreational recreational activity, eh?

I grew up in a one-parent home with a very loving and caring mother. I was never embarrassed to talk with her about sex, and she was great at keeping appropriate boundaries. When I was nine or ten we had the "talk." Masturbation was okay, in fact fun, and I wouldn't go blind. God had better things to do then worry about me playing with myself.

She was tactful and never interrupted me, although when I would come out of the bathroom after a leisurely bath, she would occasionally refer to the dangers of drowning. When I eventually talked to her about being attracted to both boys and girls, she told me she thought it an unusual but normal variant. Lest I think that all adults held that point of view, we had a talk about societal attitudes toward homosexuality.

I played with quite a few friends of both sexes and even some cousins. After all, sharing the good news seemed an obligation. Learning that girls could do it and how they did it was spectacular.