A huge story in Canada right now

This is rather huge everywhere here in Canada right now. The story of an Afghan-born immigrant who, furious at the "Canadian" behaviour of his three teenage daughters and wife, and with the help of his twenty year old son, killed them in a so-called "honor killing."

His daughters apparently were "guilty" of the crime of hugging boys at school, dressing inappropriately, and flirting with boys.

He has pleaded not-guilty, but has stated publically that his former family, “...committed treason from beginning to end, They betrayed humankind, they betrayed Islam, they betrayed our religion and creed, they betrayed our tradition, they betrayed everything.”

Of course, everyone's talking about all the angles of this. The Muslim faith, freedom of religion, respecting laws, etc, etc.

Here's a link:

http://www.globalpos...-killings-trial

Yeah, I remember when this hit the news back in 2009 -- horrible story. I never understand why foreign people feel compelled to observe all of their customs and fail to assimilate to their adopted country, especially when children are involved.

Sigh. Kill someone for how they dress and how they want to hug or flirt. Disproportionate response. Not exactly peaceful, either. What an unnecessary loss. How that honors anyone, I don't know. More the opposite, I'd think. Why do so many have so much to learn about how to treat others or themselves?