Newt Gingrich Tells Gay Man In Iowa To Vote For Obama

The Pecman

In case there was any doubt about Newt Gingrich...

From Perez Hilton.com:

Yesterday, gay Iowa man Scott Arnold, who's an adjunct professor of writing at William Penn University, had the following exchange with Newt Gingrich:

"I asked him if he’s elected, how does he plan to engage gay Americans. How are we to support him? And he told me to support Obama."

Gee, thanks, Newt...

Smooth PR move there, Newt. You're likely to have gay folks do that, if they weren't already planning to do so.

Could we please tell 'em all to go home and find some candidates with common sense, public service, diplomacy, statesmanship, compromise, and perhaps some manners? Yeah, I know, wishful thinking. I wish I could vote for "None of the Above," but our system doesn't allow that, really. (Too bad, too.)

More from CNN...

Gingrich to gay man: Vote for Obama

t1larg.newt-gingrich-both-hands.t1larg.jpg

(CNN) - Asked how he plans to engage the gay community in his bid for president, Newt Gingrich on Tuesday told a voter he wouldn't be the right choice for those basing their decision on the issue of same-sex marriage.

"If that's the most important (issue) to you, then you should be for Obama," Gingrich told Scott Arnold, a man who identified himself as gay.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/