Daron's Guitar Chronicles by Cecilia Tan

A three book series, the first of which is free, all available on Amazon.com.

(The following two paragraphs are from book one, the disclaimer is for the addy and the other, from the "about DGC" section at the back, is what I imagine an introduction might be if I had a clue about such things...

Contents of this ebook were serialized online at Daron’s Guitar Chronicles (http://daron.ceciliatan.com) between November 2009 and February 2010.

Daron’s Guitar Chronicles is by Cecilia Tan, the author of many books and short stories. She first began writing about him when she was 16 years old, in high school in suburban New Jersey in the early 1980s. Fragments of stories came and went, and Daron figured in several short stories she wrote for classes in college, though never as the central character. It seemed for many years like Daron’s story was being told to her by the characters all around him. It wasn’t until 1992, in graduate school for a masters degree in writing, that she buckled down and started writing from his point of view.

The story very quickly speaks for itself, and the spirit of this particular forum is tailor-made for finds like DGC.

A period of impatience, not overly long but long enough, regarding a particular aspect in the latter part of book two was the only negative in an otherwise delightful experience.

Tracy

Tracy? I don't know if it's hard for you to read, but your text shows up as blue or navy on a dark grey background here. It'd be easier to read, but still distinctive, in a lighter blue. If you want to change it, click Edit (lower right corner of your post) and then in the

[color=ColorName]...[/color] or [color=#RRGGBB]...[/color]

tag, substitute another named color for the ColorName, or another funky hexadecimal number for the #RRGGBB bit, where the # is required. Each of RR, GG, BB go from 00 to 99 to AA to FF in hex notation. (Hex is weird computer geekery.)

I've bookmarked her site to read more, and I may get the ebooks after I see what the Christmas elves and tax gremlins have done to my budget. (Budget? :: panic :: )

Happy Holidays!

Hmm, vol. 2 and vol. 3 didn't show up on her author page at Amazon, but a search on the title found all three. I have a backlog of books to read, but I'll give those a look. :)

Yes, there's an inner side to me who wishes he could be a music star. LOL, it'd really help if I'd had more than a year and a half of piano and could remember it, back in junior high. :lol: Or that I feel my singing voice is more iffy than when I was a kid.

I see she writes *a lot* of erotica, but is apparently very even-handed about who's with whom.

LOL, thanks, Blue, I was of course, horrified, and only just now returned to find all my Knights come and gone from my rescue...thanks to all who here, and elsewhere offered instruction, links, and further information (whoohoo! Book 4); and to CP, master of wit, understatement, and the obvious, for making it all possible.

(Is that food they're throwing?Oh, dear...)

Most of all, thanks for allowing that I might be on to something with DGC. Because there are only so many hours in a day, I'm inclined to think those of you with two "jobs" already deserve equal credit for intention.

Tracy

I just polished off the available posts of DGC 4, and though it's the same Daron, reading a blog post format seemed, relatively, like a lot of work.

Like writing a snail-mail letter, I imagine. :redface: