It's what they didn't say that counts...

Okay, I am not a television fan. Perhaps a news program, a nature show, but that's about it.

I did manage to look at several episodes of Modern Family when it first arrived on ABC because of the gay content. Now after this article appeared I get the feeling that a gay couple in a series is now considered the norm.

Gay parenting has been a topic here before, and even in a fictional situation it offers challenges:

http://www.washingto...Ys6P_story.html

I fully expected this article to be another moment of gay bashing from the conservative right wingnuts, but I was wrong. I do understand the parental concern about small children using adult language but the producers did it correctly and I am sure it's funny in this situation. But complaints aside, kids tend to replicate the language they hear in the home or at school.

Let's face it, kids will say the darndest things at the most inopportune times. We just need to smile and get over it. :redface:

Let's face it, kids will say the darndest things at the most inopportune times. We just need to smile and get over it. :redface:

It sometimes seems that, in Australia, parents are really proud when they can announce to family and friends that their toddlers have finally sworn back at them.