The Most Dangerous Man in America...at the moment

Chris James

To Rick Santorum it doesn't matter what is put forth in the First Ammendment and the intrepretation that has existed for decades giving religion such broad freedoms. No, Santorum seems to think that religion trumps government, and that makes him a very dangerous man.

http://www.businessw...t-absolute.html

It is certain that he is catering to the religious right wing with such pronouncements, but let's take this a step further. If religious thought should dictate government policy, which religion gets to choose? It certainly couldn't be the Catholics, their leadership is the head of a foreign nation. Being a Catholic, Santorum would probably want his brand of Christianity to take the front seat. Ain't gonna happen.

I am reminded that the Catholic Church has enormous assets in this country and are dominant in the health care industry. I have always agreed that churches shouldn't be taxed since they are nothing more than the result of already tithing their congregations. But should religious businesses be exempt? The only legitimate work of a church is the God business, everything else is to make money. Tax the hell out of it.

Santorum is a fool that will suffer the GOP into an early grave during this election cycle. I have no political affiliation and I despise the way people expect me to choose between idiots and fools. My only hope for this country is that half the Supreme Court drops dead in the next few years and we get rid of the idiots on both sides of the political spectrum. With all the politics I will have to digest in the next eight months I expect to have a massive case of indigestion by November.

The backlash is well under way, even in the Republican party:

Maureen Dowd finds that the potential Santorumization of the Republican Party strikes fear even in Republicans:

IT'S finally sinking in.

Republicans are getting queasy at the gruesome sight of their party eating itself alive, savaging the brand in ways that will long resonate.

"Republicans being against sex is not good," the G.O.P. strategist Alex Castellanos told me mournfully. "Sex is popular."

I would love to see Santorum get the Republic nomination.

Be careful what you wish for. It might not turn out the way you think.

Santorum is extremely dangerous. Adding yet another religious extremist into the Iran/Israel tinderbox is a recipe for a nuclear war.

When leaders think that they are acting for God, human concerns become petty.

The backlash is well under way, even in the Republican party:

"Republicans being against sex is not good," the G.O.P. strategist Alex Castellanos told me mournfully. "Sex is popular."

I like what Bubba says about this:

"Well, damn boy, I coulda told you that sex is pop-pu-lar! Most of the time them preacher-quoten' guys they don't know nothin about nothin!"

Colin :icon_geek:

I would love to see Santorum get the Republic nomination. That would ensure a more meaningful next 4 years with Obama.

Santorum is an evil, evil man, with a brain the size of a gnat. He's monstrously, inconceivably stupid. Let me give you some bullet points:

* He opposes same-sex marriage, saying the American public and their elected officials should decide on these "incredibly important moral issues", rather than the Supreme Court, which consists of "nine unelected, unaccountable judges."

• Santorum has stated that he does not believe a "right to privacy" is part of the Constitution.

• He has been critical of the Supreme Court decision in Griswold v. Connecticut (1965), which held that the Constitution guaranteed that right and overturned a law prohibiting the sale of contraceptives to married couples.

• He has described contraception as "a license to do things in a sexual realm that is counter to how things are supposed to be, and said in 2003 that he favors having laws against polygamy, adultery, sodomy, and other actions "antithetical to a healthy, stable, traditional family".

• In 2003, Santorum became the subject of a controversy when he juxtaposed same-sex marriage with pedophilia and bestiality during an interview. The remarks drew a retaliatory response from gay rights activist Dan Savage, who launched a contest to coin a "santorum" neologism among his blog's readers.

• He has openly stated his opposition to amnesty for illegal immigrants. He supports the construction of a barrier along the U.S.–Mexican border, an increase in the number of border patrol agents on the border, and the stationing of National Guard troops along the border. He also believes that illegal immigrants should be deported immediately when they commit crimes, and that undocumented immigrants should not receive benefits from the government.

• Santorum said that, if elected, he would call upon Iran to open its facilities to international inspection and begin to dismantle them, and that if Iranian leaders did not comply, he would bomb the weapons sites.

• Santorum rejects the mainstream scientific opinion on climate change, having referred to it as "junk science"; he also embraces common threads of the global warming conspiracy theory, believing that global warming is a "beautifully concocted scheme" by the political left and "an excuse for more government control of your life."

• He has stated a policy of "drill everywhere" for oil and that there is "enough oil, coal and natural gas to last for centuries".

Here's the kicker:

• In 1996, the Santorums' son Gabriel was born prematurely and died two hours after birth. Karen wrote that she and Rick brought the corpse home from the hospital and introduced him to their children as "your brother Gabriel", before a funeral and a burial. The handling of their infant son's death attracted scrutiny in January 2012 following Santorum's success in the Iowa caucuses.

I swear to fucking God, I will either move or kill myself (or move and kill myself) if Santorum is elected President of the United States.

That's egregious stuff, Pec.

I personally think he de facto disqualified himself from the presidency when he stated the Constitution is secondary in his opinion to the bible. I don't see all that many Americans, let alone the majority of them, buying into that opinion at all, and that position would certainly be blasted over and over again by the opposition if he were the candidate of his party.

I think he's making himself irrelevant.

C

Maybe I'm part of the minority in Alabama, but I think Santorum is a dangerous nutjob! I've tried to listen to some of the things he has said and all I can think is "are you f-ing stupid?". This guy needs to slither back under the rock he came from! But, if the country ends up suffering from a case of mass stupidity and he gets elected, how difficult would it be to a Canadian citizen?

Maybe I'm part of the minority in Alabama, but I think Santorum is a dangerous nutjob! I've tried to listen to some of the things he has said and all I can think is "are you f-ing stupid?". This guy needs to slither back under the rock he came from! But, if the country ends up suffering from a case of mass stupidity and he gets elected, how difficult would it be to a Canadian citizen?

Not that easy, actually, but not impossible. First, you'd need to become a permanent resident for I think it's about three years. In order to do this you need to prove you have the education and skills needed to be allowed to enter and seek work in Canada. There's other limitations too, based on personal history, criminal record, etc. Then, after the waiting period, a person can apply for citizenship provided they meet various criteria. Here's a couple of links: http://www.justlande...anent-Residency and http://www.cic.gc.ca...tions/howto.asp

Rick Santorum is the most dangerous man in America. He wants to establish a Christian Theocracy in the United States. He said that when he heard President Kennedy's speech about the separation of church and state "I wanted to throw up." That was on the local TV news in San Francisco last night. Thanks for your links, Gee. Doug, Chris, Steve, and I might want to use them if Ayatollah Santorum actually gets elected.

Colin :icon_geek: