Pics - Funny or Otherwise

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had to have our beloved cat of 17 years put down due to kidney failure. He had lived with us from kittenhood just after we first started to live together. He was as much a part of our lives as we were to each other.

I remember, on that fateful day, we took him to the vet who advised us that if it was his cat he would have him put down, so we agreed, very reluctantly. The vet told us we didn't have to wait, but in a moment of solidarity born of love and affection we insisted that we remain with him whilst the vet administered the drug.

We smoothed and spoke lovingly to our feline companion and he began to purr as the drug first removed his pain and then induced his final sleep.

As we paid the vet's fee, I said to the receptionist, "That must be the worst part of your job." She replied, "It is when people care as much as you two do."

We drove home in a silence of tears. He may have been only a cat to some people, but to us he was a friend who shared his life with us.

When we arrived home we took our friends body, wrapped in a towel and buried him in the back yard of our home. We would never forget him.

Such is the price of learning that animals also love.

The R.A.C.Q. is known for its roadside service.

I think it's interesting that the husband was watching the show of the mechanics equipment.

I'd love to hear the explanation the mechanic gave to the doctor when he got his stitches.

The R.A.C.Q. is known for its roadside service.

I think it's interesting that the husband was watching the show of the mechanics equipment.

I'd love to hear the explanation the mechanic gave to the doctor when he got his stitches.

At least the stitches were nowhere near his private parts.

Colin :icon_geek: