Oh, Radio, Tell Me Everything...

Ah, yes. Chapter 9 is itself, only a little over 10,000 words. I found out by copying and pasting the chapter into MS Word, and then pressed the radio button for the word count in MS Word.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my view I think there are some exceptional passages, but they're overly padded - close to death - by reams of Andy's angsty introspection.

That's basically my opinion as well. But the core concept is really good: slightly-neurotic kid meets a teenage radio DJ on the phone, sparks fly, with a side-story of bullying. And I think if the author keeps that side of the story up, he could have something. Coming up with the main idea is really the hard part; the rest is just editing and knowing how to move the scene along quickly.

And I also think the author is clearly talented. I just think they need a little reigning in on the angst side. Coming up with a balance between dialogue and description would help a lot, because I think some of the 2- and 3-page dialogue scenes could be reduced to a couple of paragraphs, and get to the meat of the matter more quickly. (No pun intended.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm to chapter 5 and am surprised something big hasn't happened with Andy. He's so stressed out that looking for a way out has to be on his mind.

I'm not bored, yet but it's getting there. I'll plug along hoping to see daylight at the end of the tunnel then hope it isn't a train.

EDIT: Just finished chapter 6. I has a happy now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...