Luck in the Shadows: A World of Warcraft guild on Earthen Ring

Guest Dabeagle

Guest Dabeagle

Since it came up, and some of you that have exchanged emails with me know, I'm a WoW player. I run my own guild on Earthen Ring, a gay friendly guild of course. I don't advertise in general chat that way - people are still idiots; but we do speak to every potential person and explain what we're about first.

If you play and want to hang out with us, or maybe are just getting into the idea of an MMO, you can find us at:http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=390860&TabID=3299976

And our guild armory page is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/earthen-ring/Luck%20in%20the%20Shadows/

We also have a guild facebook page, vent and all that nonsense.

You know, I think I'll take you up on that offer, provided you've got room for a very out-of-practice healer.

Transferring to Earthen Ring now.

Also, yes, I am writing again. I find farming for valor/honor to be conducive to brainstorming writing ideas.

Guest Dabeagle

I'll be on tomorrow for raid night (Tues-Thurs 745-11 server) , I'll FB folks in case you are on so an officer can invite if I'm not there. Glad to have you!

FOR THE HORDE!

Guest Dabeagle

Oh and in case I'm off on a an alt - since neither of my two friends here guessed:

Bellomorte

Jaketull

Majestyk

Seregil

Telechron

Venezia

Nysander

Alec

Belthamal

Guest Dabeagle

Just as an update, Luck in the Shadows defeated Deathwing the Destroyer, the final boss of this expansion tonight, our first. It is a ten man raid and requires some co-operation, was pretty damn cool.

Just rolled with Luck in the Shadows for the first time last night. Very cool group - they patiently put up with my rusty healing skills.

You know what I just realized? Throughout those heroics last night, I completely forgot to use Lightwell - one of my favorite methods of keeping DPS alive. Also, I forgot to put Flash Heal on my bars, even though I was proc-ing free instant casts. Haha...now that I've shaken the dust off my keyboard, my HPS should be much higher.

And now I feel like I should post this, again:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IRsPheErBj8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Guest Dabeagle

Well, maybe you can use it in Firelands tonight. Lightwell is usually a favorite of the priest and something the group forgets to use. As a tank once I actually had a priest tell me I died because I dint' use the lightwell. I told her, bluntly, that the tank was the healing priority and the DPS should be allowed to die if it's a choice. She seemed flummoxed, which I'm sure some of the board readers here now are :angel2[1]:

And of course, we're thrilled to have you. Tonights group will be a lot chattier too as Rae is a new recruit having just joined yesterday.

Well, maybe you can use it in Firelands tonight.

I'll be there. It'll be my first time raiding, and my first time in Firelands, though.

As a tank once I actually had a priest tell me I died because I dint' use the lightwell. I told her, bluntly, that the tank was the healing priority and the DPS should be allowed to die if it's a choice.

Agreed. My general priority is tank > healer > everyone else. Hense, drop a lightwell for the DPS to use, because if things get crazy and I've got to focus on the tank, it gives them a chance to survive when I can't spare a second to toss them a renew/bubble. And I say this as a former DPSer (I've got an 85 cat druid parked on another server).

And of course, we're thrilled to have you. Tonights group will be a lot chattier too as Rae is a new recruit having just joined yesterday.

Cool, looking forward to it!

You are not alone, Cole...ancient Greek would seem easier to understand. I am told that there are people who spend not hours, but days and weeks playing in these fantasy worlds. Perhaps that is what is wrong with this one. It becomes too easy to abdicate reality and find a cyberspace existance. I would be out of place there and so I will remain here. A lot easier to take over the planet when everyone else has their head in the clouds. :hehe: