Murray through to Wimbledon Final!

Camy

For the first time in 74 years a British player has made it through the Wimbledon Semi-finals. Andy Murray beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in a riveting (it really was, and included Tsonga being hit hard in the crotch - poor chap) 4 sets. Murray, in his first final, faces Roger Federer who has won Wimbledon 6 times.... One can but cheer and hope. :icon_thumleft:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/18728934

For someone who generally turns the box off when sport come on, I've now got a problem, British Grand Prix and Wimbledon final at the same time.

I'm in exactly the same quandry. The Grand Prix is going to be wet. Very wet. So qualifying live, record the race, and kill anyone who blurts out who won.

Centre court has a roof! And, as it's a once in a lifetime opportunity to see a Scott, being English, play Federer, it's a must.

Careful, Murray gets a bit upset when you refer to him as being English - he's a Scot and proud of it. A lot of Scots have a bee in their bonnet about nationalities; leant it the hard way when I lived in Scotland for a few years.

Sure I could record one, but I'm not that keen on sport. In fact, I could record both and watch something else, my recorder is far cleverer than I am!

Sadly, Murray lost the Wimbledon Gentlemen's Singles to Federer, a better player on the day. But it was a fantastic game, nevertheless.

Mark Webber won the British Grand Prix - in the dry, which was a complete surprise considering the floods the day before.