I just knew they would blame me...

What is it about these right wing morons? Is every irrational act in our society going to be blamed on the homosexual agenda? This is the latest absurdity:

http://www.lgbtqnati...orado-shooting/

However you react to this article, be sure and read the comments below, especially the one about God's message in Duteronomy by Doneau Probst. (right on, brother) Is that the kind of society these wingnuts would like us to have?

The wingnuts also blamed Obama because he didn't create enough jobs so that the shooter would have had work rather than massacring innocent movie-goers.

People are wanting to know what caused this man to lose the plot, could it be any plainer that he is the product of an insane culture?

Well, I'm reminded of the words of the great comic Chris Rock, when he commented on the Columbine teenagers shooting up their school. Rock said, "people are saying that this is society's fault, that nobody listened to these kids, that they're victims of the system. Hey, what ever happened to these kids are f'in crazy?" That's where I'm at with this guy. He's a total nutcase.

What scares me is that he planned this out for months, plus was able to buy body armor and bullet-proof vests and all that crap. Plus, now we have yet another place to be concerned about violence: a movie theater. And that used to be a place you'd go in order to be entertained and relax for a couple of hours.

While we're all waiting breathlessly for an explanation, the fact of the matter is, who cares what his explanation is? The guy's nuts! So his explanation is not going to be worth a fart in a windstorm. He's just another nutjob who had access to weapons of mass destruction, mass destruciton if you happened to be one of the mass he came up upon.

England and other countries who prevent citizens to have firearms have the right idea. When will someone shame our gun lobbies into silence? Evidently mass killings, which include kids, isn't enough to do that.

C

James Eagan Holmes isn't cooperating with the police. I think he might try for an insanity plea.

I liked is the closing sentences of Doneau Probst comment. I reworded them a bit and tried to post the following on the AFA forum -- but the forum is moderated so I'm sure it never appeared:

"Fred Jackson and Jerry Newcombe are agents of Lucifer, preaching hate instead of God's love. They are self-righteous and a stench in the nostrils of God. May He have mercy on their pathetic sorry souls."

Colin :icon_geek:

I agree with the last few posts. I don't understand this attempt by news organizations and other people to try and find "meaning" or an "explanation" for what this guy did. He's nuts. There's been nutcases before and there will be again. So what? Prevention should focus on how we can identify such things before people get hurt. Of course, doing so without limiting the privacy and freedoms of all of us is the crux.

The debate, as always, will be loudest from the fringes of the two sides. The complete gun control people will say if there were no guns available to anyone then this couldn't have happened. The complete "arm everyone" folks will say the same thing, because as soon as he walked in half the audience would've stopped him with their own guns.

I suppose one control could be notifying some authority when anyone was buying ammunition enough to equip an army. I don't thing you need 6,000 rounds for rodent control unless you're a very poor shot. Or a submachine gun. Or explosives and knives. If he bought all these from one place, what would be the harm of some notification procedure from the source to authorities? I don't object to someone knowing when a person is acquiring that much materiel. I don't object to someone checking this person out, seeing if maybe he's wearing his hat on his elbow and whistling Row Row Row Your Boat backwards.

I really don't want every Tom, Dick and Harry to have that stuff in his house and no one knows it.

C

Using their airtight logic, anything can be blamed on gays.

Crazy guy shoots people. AFA: "It's because there are gays. Some people are gay, and some churches are too nice to gay people, so God made a dude shoot random people. Hey, it's all part of His plan."

Economy plummets. AFA: "Too many gay investment bankers staring at each others' dividends all day. Disgusting."

Car crashes up 10%. AFA: "Gay tires only hugging each other, not the road."

AFA President loses house keys. AFA: "Probably stolen by a degenerate gay."

Bullied gay teen commits suicide. AFA: "We try to reach out, but clearly, homosexuality is a destructive lifestyle."

(I may have made up a couple of those in the middle.)

Economy plummets. AFA: "Too many gay investment bankers staring at each others' dividends all day. Disgusting."

Uh, that's the more passive ones. The aggressive ones would be blamed for playing with each others' dividends all day, and probably all night, too.

And heaven help us if they get their hands on each other's debentures!

C

They damn well better keep their thieving hands of a my debentures! I need those suckers! Without 'em I'd hafta gum my food to death!

Colin :icon_geek:

Don't worry about that Colin, I take mine out of my mouth to eat anyway, I hate the way I can't tell whether I'm chewing my debentures or my food.

Holmes did not buy all of the weapons or ammunition or armor in the same place, or at the same time. No way to really track them going to the same person.

And, you do not need teethas to eat a banana.

I find it sad that our entire country is focusing on explaining this horrible event. Some things just have no explanation, no purpose. What we should be doing is lending our support, and our understanding, to the victims and their families... because, unfortunately, sudden death and homicide is never something we can truly make sense of. Some things are just too heartbreaking to dwell on.

I agree with the last few posts. I don't understand this attempt by news organizations and other people to try and find "meaning" or an "explanation" for what this guy did. He's nuts.

But not too nutty. This is a guy who carefully plotted out this horrible crime for 7 or 8 weeks, ordering over 120 pounds of ammunition over the internet. And he deliberately dressed in that body armor so he'd look like members of the SWAT team that would probably show up to the theater after he did the theater. As we now know, the only reason he didn't kill more people was because his gun jammed. I hope they can convict him and execute him, rather than just put him in the nuthouse.

The stories now coming out of the people who used their bodies as shields over their loved ones during the attack brought me to tears. I just told my partner, "I'd do that for you, but I'd grumble and complain about it the entire time."

BTW, we did see the Batman movie the other day (in Imax) and enjoyed it very much. But it's a long, long, long movie. Great open, great ending, horrible middle. Lotta weird logic and continuity problems, but I still liked the movie overall.

-deleted big long post about how this idiot made multiple wrong choices lowering his body count and the dangers of living in a country with such lax gun laws that can turn any place in its borders into a shooting range, I'll just say this:

Guns don't kill people - people WITH guns kill people.

Assholes with guns kill people. I'm enough of a Libertarian that I'm somewhat for the right for people to own guns, but not assault rifles, and not all that other crap. Not real big on handguns, either (which is an opinion of mine that changed on December 8, 1980.)