Ripple Effect by James Merkin

Great story James. Realistic characters, with real dramatic tension and a really great message. I wouldn't be surprised if your story actually inspires someone to do what Edgar says.

Merkin's Ripple Effect is another wonderful short story to add to the Sanitaria Springs collection. For a chap who used to say he was just a poet (he is) and didn't write fiction, Merkin writes very good fiction indeed. Ripple Effect, a tale of an embittered father-son relationship, is an old story and often done. However Merkin manages to bring to it a freshness and a turn of phrase that makes it a delight to read.

Read Ripple Effect

Here! Here! I was very impressed... a more realistic confrontation between father and son. Thanks Merkin for another great story.

One question, though... are you furry? smiley-lol.gif

This is a very nice addition to the Sanitaria Springs lore. I love the way James leaves hooks in the story so an author amongst us can design and build Edgar's foundation and bring it to fruition, and we might learn more about Jeremy, too.

Colin :icon_geek:

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...
On 11/4/2014 at 10:22 PM, Rutabaga said:

Great to see this story in the "Picks from the Past" collection for November. I enjoyed it back when it first appeared and liked re-reading it.

R

Lo and behold,  it's a Pick from the Past again.  

I am glad there is still a Sanitaria Springs legacy here.

R

On 7/25/2012 at 12:53 PM, Camy said:

Merkin's Ripple Effect is another wonderful short story to add to the Sanitaria Springs collection. For a chap who used to say he was just a poet (he is) and didn't write fiction, Merkin writes very good fiction indeed. Ripple Effect, a tale of an embittered father-son relationship, is an old story and often done. However Merkin manages to bring to it a freshness and a turn of phrase that makes it a delight to read.

Read Ripple Effect

That Emu knows what he's talking about.

Bird on Mozilla Firefox OS 2.5