Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe"

Just caught this recent worldwide smash hit from earlier this year (10,000,000 units sold, almost 200,000,000 hits on YouTube), which I hadn't heard until today. The music video is fab, the song is catchy as hell, and there's a surprise ending with the hunk that's worth seeing. Trust me!

At my advanced age, I'm thrilled when I can hear 15 seconds of a contemporary song and immediately say, "this is a #1 hit if I ever heard one..." and I'm right. [The last time I said that was with Cee Lo Green's hit "F You," which was nominated for 2 Grammys and was also a huge worldwide hit.]

And it was a #1 pop hit in more than a dozen countries around the world. Terrific, super-catchy song. It's like an earworm: once you hear it, it keeps going around and around in your head...

• 1 month later...

Just an update: here's a (very) gay-themed cover of the Call Me Maybe video, this time with all Abercrombie & Fitch models:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5NRWM3FgqA#

Whatever they're selling... I'm buying. [For some reason, the embed code don't work, so just click the link -- trust me.]

Love this song

I do too... featured on a recent episode of Glee.

BTW, welcome to new AD Forums member Tyrel! Ty is the creator of the New Zealand-based story site StormNation... now known as StormVerse.

Ty is an old friend predating AD and the idea for the AwesomeDude name for the site came from the frequent exclamations of 'Awesome, Dude!' by one of the main characters in his original story. It's good to have Ty as a member at the Forums and I hope he'll write us a story and join the family of AwesomeDude Authors!

Mike