Algy!

I read the first few paragraphs in a spare moment, and was hooked. A great story with suspense, humour, whimsy and drama in spades. Nice to know Tricky's full name, for some reason he's the character I most identify with... Tristram's a great name, reminiscent of a northcountry vet! Another triumph for our heroic emu. May his feathers never lose their strength.

I read the first few paragraphs in a spare moment, and was hooked. A great story with suspense, humour, whimsy and drama in spades. Nice to know Tricky's full name, for some reason he's the character I most identify with... Tristram's a great name, reminiscent of a northcountry vet! Another triumph for our heroic emu. May his feathers never lose their strength.

Wasn't the vet actually Tristan? I believe so.

Yes, Camy's story had all that and more. Plus blood. Algy's blood.

C

Remind to never go on the Heath, not that I'm likely to ever get to the old country at my age. If I did, the thugs would probably run from me anyway...whoever heard of an orang-utan on the Heath? Although I have been known to be on heat.

I am certainly hot for Camy's story. I loved the Aussie twins, but dinkum isn't quite used liked that. It's usually a question or an exclamation such as, "Fair dinkum, mate, I'm telling you the truth."

Which translates as, "Honestly, I am being fair dinkum." And yes it is usually used with 'fair'.

However, it really isn't important and doesn't detract from the story at all, and there is always the possibility that the twins lived in Queensland where they talk funny.

Thanks for a great story Camy, I really needed something to take me out of my depression and Algy (both stories) most assuredly did that.

I vote for another chapter in Algy's life...you've certainly left the hooks in place for a follow-up.

• 2 weeks later...

I dropped everything, including my des_pair just so I could be rewarded with Algy's peril 3.

I was not the least bit disappointed. Terrific story Camy, beautifully written and just what I needed.

Thank you so much.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally was able to finish the third chapter. I have told Camy before that I find his prose musical, and these stories were no exception. Reading them was thoroughly diverting and pleasurable.