The Homophobic Evils of the Salvation Army

The Pecman

I found out about this a few years ago, sadly after I had donated a bunch of old furniture to the organization...

Salvation Army's Red Kettle Holiday Campaign

Takes Heat From Gay Rights Activists

With the holiday shopping season in full swing, the Salvation Army's Red Kettle campaign is once again coming under intense scrutiny from lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) rights advocates.

America Blog is asking LGBT shoppers and allies to give downloadable "vouchers" to Salvation Army bell ringers in lieu of cash in an effort to let the organization know that "bigotry is not a Christmas value," according to blogger John Aravosis.

"The Salvation Army discriminates against gay people, and discriminating donors should find another charity this Christmas than evangelical bigots who advocate against our civil rights," Aravosis writes. "And not just that –- they’ve actively lobbied against pro-gay policies in a number of countries as well."

Full story at this link on the Huffington Post:

http://www.huffingto..._n_2192085.html

Do not donate to these anti-gay bastards.

Oh, and if you gots de guts, print out these coupons and leave these in lieu of a donation, the next time you see a Salvation Army guy ringing the bell (as I do often at shopping centers this time of year):

o-SALVATION-ARMY-VOUCHER-570.jpg?4

I remember back the early 1990's when I read a story in the Washington Post about how the top brass of the Salvation Army were fired from their jobs. It seems they had built this posh suite of offices in Northern Virginia that included executive bathrooms with gold plated faucets. Not a good image for a charity organization.

I find the bell ringing an irritant when I have to enter a store during the holiday season. I would recommend that instead of supporting a group like this, and their hatred towards the LGBT community, that everyone collect their quarters and contribute eveything they can to Awesomedude. I think it would be wonderful for Mike the Dude and his supporters to have a nice stocking filled with cash for the holidays.

I find the bell ringing an irritant when I have to enter a store during the holiday season. I would recommend that instead of supporting a group like this, and their hatred towards the LGBT community, that everyone collect their quarters and contribute eveything they can to Awesomedude. I think it would be wonderful for Mike the Dude and his supporters to have a nice stocking filled with cash for the holidays.

ding.... ding.... ding... :wink: