Smart Edit - a new writer's aid.

Camy

SmartEdit is a new, first-pass-editing tool for creative writers and novelists. It's not a replacement for a human editor. Neither is it designed to do your editing for you. It was built to act as an aid—a helper for when you begin editing your work.

This is worth checking out. The full trial lasts for 10 days, and the 'lite' version is still available free. For PC only.

http://www.smart-edit.com

• 1 month later...
Guest Dabeagle

I just tried this, the 'lite' version which took a little poking around to find. I can see some uses for this, especially identifying phrases that are used frequently or words that are used in the same way. I have to play with the settings, but I have to admit it surprised me with how often I had used a certain phrase (48 times for the whole book) which isn't too bad, except that some of them were in adjacent sentences. I figure in the settings somewhere I can make it slightly more restrictive so that the ones closer to one another are the ones I focus on. Interesting tool, little pricey to buy for an amateur imo, at 70.00.